• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB Tandy 1000TX Mobo

GrandPoobah

Experienced Member
Bought a TX on eBay and the seller shipped it with zero packing material. When i received it the hardcard was diagonal... It actually ripped the ISA slot right off the board. In the end the seller didnt bother having me ship it back, and I managed to get the case bent back into shape, but that board is toast.

If anyone has a TX board, or a TX with a case thats absolute crap, please let me know. PM me with total price and shipping to Texas.

thanks!

Bought a TX on eBay and the seller shipped it with zero packing material. When i received it the hardcard was diagonal... It actually ripped the ISA slot right off the board. In the end the seller didnt bother having me ship it back, and I managed to get the case bent back into shape, but that board is toast.

If anyone has a TX board, or a TX with a case thats absolute crap, please let me know. PM me with total price and shipping to Texas.

thanks!

Oddly I literally just stumbled on this the other day. The add is old, so don’t know if it’s still available.

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/sys/d/tandy-1000-tx-motherboard-and/6606391553.html

Dope! I shot him an email asking if he’d ship it. Thanks for the sharp eye!

Such a oddball part to stumble upon! My power supply is kind of suspect too so this would be great

Dope! I shot him an email asking if he’d ship it. Thanks for the sharp eye!

Such a oddball part to stumble upon! My power supply is kind of suspect too so this would be great

Definitely an odd coincidence. Motherboard doesn’t have the video ram on it, you will need four ram chips for max performance.

Looks like you collect Tandys... the guys out in Utah have new old stock Tandy Video Informatiom Systems, I’ve been tempted myself. I order a lot of Commodore parts from them.

https://www.oldsoftware.com/VIS.html

Definitely an odd coincidence. Motherboard doesn’t have the video ram on it, you will need four ram chips for max performance.

Looks like you collect Tandys... the guys out in Utah have new old stock Tandy Video Informatiom Systems, I’ve been tempted myself. I order a lot of Commodore parts from them.

https://www.oldsoftware.com/VIS.html

Luckily I have a full set up chips on this busted board, so no problems there

As to the VIS, I had to actually look that one up. What a turd! i kind of love it.

Yeah, my first computer was a VIC-20, but my second was a Tandy 1000SX. I've loved Tandys with all their warts ever since.

Back