• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Tandy 1400LT

Nick_Zravre

Experienced Member
Hello,

I am looking into getting back into the hobby, and am looking for a Tandy 1400LT, preferably in working order and whole.

Thanks,
Greg

I do have a 1400HD I'm not using. It works, but the hard drive is kaput (can't even format) and I don't have a replacement. I don't have the power adapter either (but it works fine with a generic Radio Shack transformer and the proper tip,) and the battery holds a charge but not long-term. Also, IIRC it needs its own special brand of DOS, but I've got the appropriate disk image and have successfully booted it from floppy before.

If this works for you or you don't find a better option, it's yours for the cost of shipping.

Hi there,

I came across this thread and I hope that I can help.
Nick_Zravre - I have two 1400LT's:
One works fine and is in good shape cosmetically - the 'B' floppy drive does not work and the case is a bit yellowed, but it has the original, working power adapter, the optional modem card, a Tandy DOS/GWBasic disk and the Tandy 1400LT quick reference guide. It boots, runs, and the screen is bright and clear. If I end up keeping it, I will Retr0brite the case and rebuild the floppy drive.
I have a second that is in good shape, other than the screen. I have removed the LCD screen (it was cracked as a result of poor shipping), but the analog video shows that the computer boots and works fine other than the display. The 'A" drive sounds a bit scratchy, but works and the 'B' drive is fine.

Commodorejohn - I have two 1400HD's that I am trying to build into one good one and I am not sure that I have enough good pieces between them, but I do have at least one good hard drive (I can't get the other computer far enough along for it to spin up). Is it possible that you would consider letting me have yours and I could pass either one or both of my 1400LT's to Nick_Zravre?

Both of you let me know what you think...

Well, I have two 1400lt's myself, one which is fully functional, the other which seems to have power issues. I'd be willing to let someone else have the non-functional one for shipping, if they were so inclined.

Back