• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Three button bus mouse (UK/EU preferred)

stepleton

Veteran Member
Hi all,

It's been fun using an old one-button Mac mouse on our old Whitechapel box, but having to use the tactile switches we kludged into our adapter for the two extra buttons is getting a bit tedious.

Does anyone have an old three-button Logitech (or no-name compatible) bus mouse lying around that they'd be willing to part with? There's no need for it to look any good---someday we might just get rid of its case and buttons and try to build a replica of the original Depraz mouse around it. It would be nice if it works, though.

We're in the UK, so shipping from a place where we don't have to worry about duty would be ideal.

(Of course we wouldn't turn away a grey Depraz mouse, but you're probably better off putting that up on eBay for hundreds of dollars!)

Thanks!

I have a three button serial? Mouse.

Thanks! It would take a fair amount of work to adapt a serial mouse to the more basic bus mouse line protocol, unfortunately. I might need to find a microcontroller solution for adapting a modern mouse to the job.

Unfortunately it can be hard to tell a bus mouse from a serial mouse---both can use a DE-9 plug connector. Some bus mice are also known to use DIN connectors, but of course then you have to tell them apart from PS/2 mice.

(Sorry for the slow reply---I still have the new member moderator approval requirement to deal with. I just need to find one more thing to post about, I guess.)

Back