• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Windows NT 3.51, W4WG 3.11, and Windows 2000 operating systems

TRS-Ian

Veteran Member
Looking for CDs or floppy disk sets of early operating systems:

Windows for Workgroups 3.11

Windows NT 3.51

Windows 2000

I already have NT 4.0 and 98SE.

Prefer in Australia if possible.

Cheers,

Ian.

Just to relive some old days. I get many legacy PC computers through my workshop but they all seem to be running either W98 or XP...

Someone asked me something about NT 3.51 the other day and I had no media to set it up on. Today I bought a three-floppy disk set of NT 3.51 Workstation only to realise later that these are the bootstrap disks and the OS itself is on a CD which I don't have.

If anyone knows of a reliable repository of early MS operating systems where I can download and make install CDs that would be great :) ?

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

Just to relive some old days. I get many legacy PC computers through my workshop but they all seem to be running either W98 or XP...

Someone asked me something about NT 3.51 the other day and I had no media to set it up on. Today I bought a three-floppy disk set of NT 3.51 Workstation only to realise later that these are the bootstrap disks and the OS itself is on a CD which I don't have.

If anyone knows of a reliable repository of early MS operating systems where I can download and make install CDs that would be great :) ?

Thanks in advance,

Ian.
Here you go: https://winworldpc.com/library/operating-systems

I discovered this site a few years ago. Great resource for some cool old stuff including os/2.

How about a complete Windows NT 3.1 Developers Kit or Windows NT 3.5 with Manuals, and I have about a dozen Windows 2000 OEM CD-ROM's with CD-KEY's.

Last edited:
Lol amazing isnt it? ;) just to say I have used this version and now to have owned it... yeah, felt pretty neat... and yeah, we are old, lol but i was little bitty back then, hehehee

Lol amazing isnt it? ;) just to say I have used this version and now to have owned it... yeah, felt pretty neat... and yeah, we are old, lol but i was little bitty back then, hehehee
What the coolest part is that even decades old software can still be run. Regardless of the barriers that backwards compatibility creates--I love it. :cool:

View attachment 45717 ;) its that old, lol! This is the original paperwork that came with it.
That is just super uber cool!! I remember the above board and the various ways to extend memory back when EMS and XMS was the big debate. It seemed more complicated then and yet simpler at the same time...

I know people look at me like I'm crazy bcuz I am always saying I miss the days of DOS when i could type and perform functions so much faster than the screen would show yet would always be what I wanted... Lol, it made for quite the performance when training new employees, teheehee!

I know people look at me like I'm crazy bcuz I am always saying I miss the days of DOS when i could type and perform functions so much faster than the screen would show yet would always be what I wanted... Lol, it made for quite the performance when training new employees, teheehee!
I miss the command-line keyboard based days too! I still find every single keyboard shortcut I can and fly through all the clicky stuff much faster. And that's only logical as I have 101 keys (still have my model M!) versus a button (or few) on a mouse.

On modern windows,BSD and linux etc you can have a multitude of cli windows open at the same time.

Last edited:
Yeah a lot of folk did that and in OS/2. Ever use that at all? You could have an OS/2 session and a couple of dos sessions running at the same time. You could even have different versions of Dos running. Something you couldn't do on windows till the XP era and VPC2004. It was quite neat seeing DRDos booting in its own session in a window on the Workplace Shell desktop.

Last edited:
Yeah a lot of folk did that and in OS/2. Ever use that at all? You could have an OS/2 session and a couple of dos sessions running at the same time. You could even have different versions of Dos running. Something you couldn't do on windows till the XP era and VPC2004. It was quite neat seeing DRDos booting in its own session in a window on the Workplace Shell desktop.
I actually never got a chance to play with OS/2, and it was a real pity that windows won over it as I think it was superior in many ways. Luckily, the winworldpc site I linked to above has almost all the versions of OS/2, so someday I plan to try it for sure, especially on systems of that era that pretty much won't be able to run anything modern or connect to modern systems. :cool:

I actually never got a chance to play with OS/2, and it was a real pity that windows won over it as I think it was superior in many ways. Luckily, the winworldpc site I linked to above has almost all the versions of OS/2, so someday I plan to try it for sure, especially on systems of that era that pretty much won't be able to run anything modern or connect to modern systems. :cool:
OS/2 is still actively being developed/supported by https://www.arcanoae.com/blue-lion/ still seems to be a reasonable user base for it to be viable, I've got Warp v3 running on a 486DX2/66 system with 16megs of ram.Its networked so I can ftp telnet etc to my Linux box if needed. Has an irc client so can chat ok on channels like #vc on irc.slashnet.org Pop on over sometime.

I've collected various OS/2 versions from 1.3EE to v4 Advance Server. Even scored some promotional material. Like the OP i like to collect old OSs as well.

Last edited:
OS/2 is still actively being developed/supported by https://www.arcanoae.com/blue-lion/ still seems to be a reasonable user base for it to be viable, I've got Warp v3 running on a 486DX2/66 system with 16megs of ram.Its networked so I can ftp telnet etc to my Linux box if needed. Has an irc client so can chat ok on channels like #vc on irc,slashnet,org Pop on over sometime.
Oh yeah, I forgot about them. They even have a 'live cd' of it from what I recall. I think I have it somewhere to play with it in the future.

That's pretty awesome to hear about the 486DX2/66. We actually still have our first 486 that was originally a DX33 that we upgraded to the 66. Before we retired it, we completely maxed out the ram to 32MB. It actually could run win95 pretty well in some tests, but its main OS was win3.1. I can't wait to restore that system and remember the 'glory days'. Too bad when I parked it the ST157N was getting flaky about showing up and it was the boot drive since you couldn't change the SCSI ID or termination (can't remember which) that would allow another drive to be boot. I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point, but I know the drive still had some data on it.

I love IRC but never get a chance to get on it. But now I know where to go when I do! :cool:

Back