• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTS: Intel 386 EX Eval Boards with Software

EPOHouston

Experienced Member
This appears to be a 1994/1995 Intel 386EX evaluation package from Intel, possibly to demonstrate the capabilities of the CPU in terminals and other low performance, low power uses. I don't have a way of testing the boards yet, but if anybody knows how to set them up, I'd be happy to see if they work properly.

Everything comes in the original box. The box includes:
2 Intel386 EX EVAL BOARD REV 2.1 boards (CPUs are 25 MHz, labeled "SAMPLE" above the copyrights)
2 ROMS containing unknown data (may be DOS on a ROM, could be a simple terminal app, could be nothing, I don't have a way to check yet, sorry), one is installed, the other is bent up and was floating around in the box (I'm putting it in a bag)
Intel iRMX EMB Support for Intel386 EX Processor Eval Bd Diskettes 1 and 2 (of 2)
Embedded Intel 386 EX Processor Point of Sale Terminal Reference Design Kit diskette (Rev 2.0)
A CompUSA CD-R labeled 386EX Stuff
A flat serial cable
An unused(?) power cable
2 Intel386 EX Embedded Microprocessor Evaluation Board Manuals, dated September, 1995
Intel ApBUILDER diskettes in the original folder
Intel386 EX Microprocessor Pin Multiplexing Map
High-Performance Serial Transfers Using the Intel 386 EX Microprocessor document
Intel386 EX CPU POS Terminal Reference Design AP-513 Application Note
Intel386 EX Embedded Microprocessor Datasheet
Intel 28F400BX-T/B Flash Memory Family Datasheet
Embedded Intel386 EX Processor Point of Sale Terminal Reference Design document
Various corrective papers about the boards

I'm asking $300 plus shipping for everything, as-is, but offers are welcome, as I'm not sure how much something like this is really worth.

Thank you!

Sold!

It probably is PC/104, I was able to find it online a few years ago when I first saw it, but I couldn’t find much this time around.

Back