• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

XGameStation

I had a brief look at it many years ago, around the days of Commodore One. Basically, the C1 fans dismissed the XGS for being too limited: you can't reprogram it fully down to the core, you can only write games that runs on the existing hardware. :roll: I wonder what the software business has been doing for the past 35-40 years, if not writing games and business software for existing hardware. I believe the reconfigurable C1 also would take a bit of VHDL skills in order to be able to make it run like your favorite dream computer. Otherwise you'd be stuck with either of the cores already developed.

All that said, I agree with you that time and motivation are two factors that prevent most of us to take part of new inventions. Even the vintage computers I know by heart, I find myself too lazy or busy to make new programs/games for. Additionally, I own a large number of other brands that are similar to the ones I know so in theory it should be a small effort to learn these as well, but that is step #2. To get into XGS would be step #57 on my TODO list.

Back