• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

XT-CF ECO Lite compatibility issues

neosunrise

Experienced Member
I bought one of these XT-CF Eco Lite XTIDE cards a while ago and tried it on my PC XT. It currently runs with the XTIDE Universal BIOS (XT) v2.0.0 beta 3.
XT-CF-ECO-LITE-V2-Bootable-Compact-Flash.jpg

It booted fine but when having massive read and write operations going on, it would corrupt and a dir would return a list of files with random characters as the names. Recently, I took it out again and tried it on my Tandy 1200, which is an rebranded Tandon XT clone. The XT-CF card would not recognize the CF card plugged in. It hung for a few seconds and then continued to boot from the floppy disk. On the screen, it shows the following:
Code:
Master at 300h: not found
Slave at 300h: not found
Booting C>>C
Error 40h!
Booting A>>A

After booting into DOS, running FDISK will return an error message saying there's no fixed disk. However, when I was trying this XT-CF card on a Pentium III machine, the CF card was correctly recognized and it booted into DOS without any problem. It shows:
Code:
Master at 300h: CF Card
Slave at 300h: not found
Booting C>>C

I have tried different versions of the BIOS ROM but they did not make any difference. Due to the lack of bypass capacitors, I added a 0.1uF cap for each chip, just in case. Oh btw, I have another XTIDE card which runs perfectly fine on my Tandy. Any thoughts?

Back