• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

XT-IDE V2, Assembled and verified working

Just a thought; if someone needs building services, I have some time and tons of soldering experience for assembling boards. I have a full SMD work station and the boards would be washed after assembly to remove excess flux. I would entertain the thought of bartering for compensation because I'm sure many folks don't have cash to spare like myself. I just couldn't bear any shipping costs or the like as I'm on limited income.
Just a thought/offer.

HM de KB1ARQ

Since you say shipping is such a PITA it sure wouldn't hurt to let us know where you are. And it's so simple -- just have to add it to your profile *once* and it will be visible in all your posts and PMs. :)

My bad, Mr. Stone - my profile settings have been corrected - tnx for the heads up.

Damn, I hate when I act human...

(And FWIW, just google the call - my location becomes instantly available due to being a matter of public record of the FCC.gov)

Ciao....

HM de KB1ARQ

Sorry I missed the auctions.

Andrew,

Any chance you'll be posting any more of these?

Howard,

Do you have a price in mind for putting together the XT-IDE boards? (Price of PCB + components + $ for your time)

Hi

The XT-IDE V2 assembled and verified working board is still available in case you are looking.

I think we are finally getting to the bottom of the demand for pre-assembled XT-IDE V2 boards.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi
I think we are finally getting to the bottom of the demand for pre-assembled XT-IDE V2 boards.
Andrew Lynch

As the guy that just bought the one off of the marketplace, I'm glad that you continue to produce these :) I may need another, but I'm going to try this one out to make sure it suits my needs first. Selfishly, I hope you produce & sell more. Thanks for posting this one.

Hi

I am going to try these on eBay and see how it goes

item# 271307159883

Andrew Lynch

Hi Andrew,

I received the board. Unfortunately, the bubble wrap envelope was not enough protection to prevent this:

bent_pins.jpg

Do you suggest I try to bend the pins straight? I would hate to break any of them.

Do you suggest I try to bend the pins straight? I would hate to break any of them.
If you decide to go ahead before hearing from Andrew:

You increase the probability of breakage if you straighten a pin in one action. What works for me (and others - this subject has been discussed before) is to divide the movement into a number of small movements, with a delay between each movement. Example: move pin by 20 degrees, wait 10 seconds, move another 20 degrees, wait 10 seconds, and so on.

Hi! Thanks! Sorry to hear about the problems in shipping. The advice above is exactly right. Gently straighten the pins out one at a time. You can use a small tube like a pen around each pin to help support it. Just be gentle and go slowly so it is not sheared off.

The board should be fine once the pins are straightened. The pins don't have to be absolutely straight but just enough that the female IDC connector mates with it. Once it is on it will adjust the pins the rest of the way.

Andrew Lynch

Thanks for the advice. I have the pins straightened. The fun has begun ;)

I'm having some issues getting this to work. Is it better for me to post here or over on the XT-IDE support thread? In particular, I'm unable to get things going on a Tandy 1000 TL.

Back