• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Y2K TRS-80 Model 4

irishmike

Experienced Member
Hello again all:

I have been researching the heck out of things for my new TRS-80 Model 4 that I bought just yesterday (Aug 11, 2010). I was told by the former owner that it does have issue with dates after 1999 and wondered what the work around might be for this. I have seen postings in a Google search for the portable models like the 100, but nothing pertaining to the Model III/4.

I hope someone has figured out how to make sure it doesn't puke when I put in the real date.

thanks,

Mike Needham

I have a Model 4-P and run LS-DOS. It has no problem with current dates. In fact, after plugging in the date, it pops up with the day of the week. Supposedly, it is good until 2099. Sounds like your DOS is letting you down. Check out Ira's site. Help is available.

Well, the Y2K "fix" for the 100 was to change the "19" to "20" ;-)

I expect the other models like the III & 4 will need something a little more complicated...

m

The hardware has no built-in date/time chip in it... any Y2K issue would be software-based.
IF someone installed a clock circuit of some type there MIGHT be a problem, but otherwise you neednt worry about the machine. Only what you run on it... :D

Thanks guys for all the suggestions and help. I have found that LDOS 5.3.1 is Y2k Compliant so I feel the problem is solved. I am trying to decide a few other factors for use with my macine.

Back