• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Yowza!

Wow....I was at a friend's house yesterday, and he's got two! I wonder if he knows what they're worth.

Back when they were new, I refused to get one when several people in the user group were getting them. In my mind, CMD FD or HD was fine, maybe even RAMLink, but I felt like the SuperCPU made it into a different computer somehow, and no longer a pure Commodore.

Well, isn't $650 about as much as Amiga people are willing to pay for PPC upgrade boards? In my opinion, the SuperCPU should be relatively far less common than the different PPC upgrades to Amiga 1200 etc. Perhaps that is a strange comparison, but I'm trying to put it into perspective.

I dunno. It all seems out of wack to me. However, I guess it's worth what people are willing to pay for it.

Perhaps expanding the C64 with a co-pro would've been easier/cheaper if it had a Tube like mechanism like the BBC Micro does. In comparison, £87.50 for a 64 MHz ARM7 with 16 MB RAM is much less than what used 20 MHz 65816 SuperCPU's sell for... but again I'm comparing apples and oranges.
http://www.sprow.co.uk/bbc/armcopro.htm

$650 is cheap for a 20mhz Super CPU. I've seen them hit well over $1000 each, bare-bones just like that one. I've seen ones with a RamLink, etc fetch $1900+

Crazy if you ask me...

Back