• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

(1912-1949) 327 porcelain teapots comment!

Yeah. I'm having a hard time figuring out how this is on topic. . .

Moved to an appropriate forum. ;)

Erik

"Erik" wrote:

> Yeah. I'm having a hard time figuring out how this is on topic. . .

> Moved to an appropriate forum. ;)

Hmmm... I wonder? ;-)

I won't try that link.

CP/M User.

P.S. Perhaps that cereal topic should be brought here too! ;-)

I tried it, and it's mainly gibberish since I don't have the chinese language pack. It's about actual teapots but I only saw a few pictures and the words that I could read didn't make any sense to me. I just glanced and remember gibberish.

"NathanAllan" wrote:

> I tried it, and it's mainly gibberish since I don't have the chinese
> language pack...

Hmmm... I see. Perhaps Mr. xjx -should- translate it for us.

Aren't the chinese well renowned for their teapots?

CP/M User.

A teapot is a classic thing to model in 3D. I took a course in 3D graphics and we were handed a wireframe model of this teapot, which was used in all subsequent labs when we added textures, lighting and other features to our own rendering engines.

Of course, we used something in line of at least Pentium II, if not III or IV when the course was taken, so not neccessarily vintage, although the techniques could be applied to 3D engines on older hardware as well.

Are you sure that is what that site is about? It mentions teapots, but doesint really do anything with them.....

As for 3D Graphics, I used to use Bryce on a PowerMac G3. But the Mac was an AIO and the CRT is going out. I'm really gonna miss it.

-V

Since this thread seems to be amusing to several members (as well as the page-owner), I won't make it go *poof*, but guess what? The link seems to be broken now. (This ain't the first time this spam has been posted here, I just couldn't let it slide).

--T

teapots

teapots

sure, teapots and computers go together ;)

I remember whilst back at Be I wrote an article for our developer
newsletter that demonstrated how to make our little Teapot app
(it modeled a GL teapot in a window that you could spin or whatnot as
carlsson said) use Voodoo2 hardware acceleration.

Why? I don't know, doesn't everyone want to draw a spinning
teapot at 200 fps? ;)

-m

Hey, that gives me (yet another) million-dollar idea! I'm going to invent a USB-powered electric 'tea-cozy'...Nah, probably wouldn't fly. How many gomputer ceeks d'ya know of who drink tea?

--T

Back