• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

i got sucked into computers

DOS-Master

Experienced Member
when i was in highschool back in the day. APPle just released the apple II it was all to expensive for me and I wasn't realy into computers. but one day my friend invited me over so I got into my ford pinto and rode to his house. this is where it all started. I walked in and there it was on his desk. an apple II. i was instantly in love and I used it for hours and hours on end. lol i bought programs for myself just to bring them to his house to use them on his computer. But one day I went to his house and there was a different computer sitting there. it was an Ibm pc. I used it for a while but it never caught my attenion. a few months later I got my first macintosh. (my first computer) I still have that macintosh to this day and it rules. but you think all i got was a measley mac?
i got
an ibm pc-2
a compaq portableII
a dell latitude xpi
a g3
a comodore pet
a superbrain (sold it)
and so many more..........

DOS-Master said:
cool what got you started with computers?
Wheew, long story!
I'll summarize however.
In year 2000, I got my first computer(my parents had an adam coleco, and I didn't use it, so I was pretty computer illiterate besides using the school's apples in 1996), and didn't know a thing about it.
So, I corrupted windows 3.1 the first night I had it. I had to fix it, so I learned howto, and been fixing stuff ever since.
Got into vintage computers just recently, because I love their charm and personality. So I have started my little collection. So, in two months, I have managed to fill both of my rooms with vintage computers, as if it wasn't full enough with all the custom jobs I built..lol

year 2000! i got my first computer 15 years before that!

what computer was it ( you're first computer)

DOS-Master said:
year 2000! i got my first computer 15 years before that!

what computer was it?
I am only 20..lol
It was a Zenith 386 20MHz with 4MB ram, 200MB HDD(big thang compared to the cpu and ram).
I didn't get my apple until just recently, but it has extremem sentimental value, seeing as I used one an hours a day, 5 days a week in elementary school. Played that good oregon trail..lol

Here is the Apple IIe I have in my museum.

DOS-Master said:
what did I do?

I'm pretty sure he was just teasing. . . at least I hope so! One can't identify a nemesis that quickly! ;)

Welcome to the Vintage Computer Forums. You'll find a whole diverse group of nice and interesting people here. Almost all love old computers too!

Enjoy!

DOS-Master said:
that's a nice computer. just like the one that "sucked me in"
Thanks.
Yeah, the Apples are the only vintage computers that are still somewhat usable with little or no tweaking. I know of several schools that still use them for education. But I like them because of their style, and charm, just like all my other oldies.

CP/M User, IMO, Apple DOS owns CP/M.:rolleyes:

Apple is more user friendly anyway..lol

yeah i'm thinking about ubying an apple //e with keyboard, printer, floppys, manuals, monitor, etc.

Erik wrote:

> I'm pretty sure he was just teasing. . . at least I
> hope so! One can't identify a nemesis that quickly! ;)

Hmmmm. Well at the time it seemed approriate to tease - you
know that CP/M Vs. DOS thing! ;-) But that's more of an IBM
Vs. every other 8080/Z80 CP/M machine & even relatives of that
(CP/M-86).

But now I see our new member is a serious poster! Ahhh! This
time next month - I calculate (using my third favourite
calculator - Calculator) on an average of 42 posts a day for
30 days shall we say - that 1260 posts! (eek! ;-)

Also, arguibly the best selling book in the world describes
Apple as evil! ;-)

But yeah, I'm generally happy to see new members all the
time! :))

Cheers,
CP/M User.

If I guess right, you mean the book bible? If so, it is generally given away..lol
Remember, and Apple a day, keeps the doctor away(cliche like a mofo)
I do mean the Apple computer companies Apples..lol
I agree, DOS Masta if a post master...really.
He signed up last night, and already has 75 posts..wow.

Back