• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

dur site's been hacked

Chris2005

Banned
...as if everyone didn't know. While doing a search for some groovy stuph though, I was able to get in the back way. Who's the miserable little punk who did it! I wanna know. I'm gonna kick his little <WHOOPS!> GRRRRRRR

Terry Yager said:
BTW, anybody here read German? (If you google 'hacked by savi7', this site comes up FWIW):

Probably because they, too, were victims at one point. I don't think they host the hacker.

Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary. Extra board administrators, for instance, would be bad. . . ;)

WTF's up w/ the new "comfirmation" thread that leads nowhere?

Edit: It's gone now. I think it might have been an exploit that sent a copy of my cookie somewhere, or something similar. If you see me posting some weird sh!t (Weirder than usual), please don't ban me, for it might be some 40 year-old guy in his mother's basement, or a 12 year old kid in the same scenario.

Last edited:
atari2600a said:

Specifically what are you talking about? I haven't seen anything like that.

Wow, that sucks. Haven't these people heard of an ISA server? I've got nothing to really worry about running my own server, I run it near Lock Down levels. And I have a few friends that do network security.....
I'll keep a look out....

-VK

Erik said:
Probably because they, too, were victims at one point. I don't think they host the hacker.

Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary. Extra board administrators, for instance, would be bad. . . ;)

Yeah, I thought that might be it, but I don't spreche die sprache...

--T

Well, damage control is finished.

The hacker didn't really do anything besides prove he could use a (now) fairly well know exploit with vBulletin.

As it stands I shouldn't have left the exploitable code on my site anyway. That's fixed now so all is well.

The boards are still up (and backed up) as is the rest of vintage-computer.com

Other than 60 minutes of fun that I can't spend cleaning the garage, no harm done. ;)

Repost:

>>>Edit: It's gone now. I think it might have been an exploit that sent a copy of my cookie somewhere, or something similar. If you see me posting some weird sh!t (Weirder than usual), please don't ban me, for it might be some 40 year-old guy in his mother's basement, or a 12 year old kid in the same scenario.<<<

OK, I swear this time it wasn't me! I only fear that my cookie was sent to the hackers email. I knew I shoudn't of clicked on that damn suspicious thread! Once again, If I post some weird sh!t, don't ban me, ban the IP it came from instead!

Yah, like you were really gonna clean the garage tonight anyways (I've been telling myself for the past week that I've *gotta* finish clearing-out the 'spare' bedroom)...

--T

I've been thinking for years that it can't be done. I've even written my own universal law that I call T's Law:

The amount of stuff held onto by a packrat is directly proportional to the amount of available storage space.

--T

Back