• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Terry the Poet!

Last time I was put away, I couldn't even spell the word 'computer' so I didn't miss much. I do recall cable TV though, which was something of a novelty back then (I couldn't afford it at home).

--T

Yeah, I never made it that far, but I came close once. When you get to that point, that kind of thing isn't really on your mind. You'll have a lot of other stuff to worry about......

-VK

atari2600a said:
The crap who feeds you when?

Damn, what'd you do to get major tranqualizers, kill a cop or something!?

[daDoctorz] feed me [daily]...

Psyche drugs that tweak the actual brain chemistry (serotonin uptake inhibitors, etc) are a fairly recent invention. 30 yearz ago, all they could do was dope us into oblivion, so we were no longer a threat to ourselves or otherz...

--T

People often wonder, "If it makes ya normal, why don't you guyz like taking your medz?" Well, the truth is, they don't make ya 'normal', they just make ya st00pit!

--T

Last edited:
vlad said:
Yeah, I never made it that far, but I came close once. When you get to that point, that kind of thing isn't really on your mind. You'll have a lot of other stuff to worry about......

-VK

When I'm in an episode, I have 'escaped' into my own mind, so I'm not really very aware of anything outside of my body. I could be thrown into the deepest, darkest hole in the whole correctional system, and not give a damn, cauze I'm in a whole 'nother place.

--T

Last edited:
Terry said:
the times when my muse is most active is when I'm in the throes of a psychotic episode...

Well Terry, you are amongst great many wonderful people in this world who have directed their emotional/mental singularities towards something good for themselves and others. Mediocrity doesn't lead to anywhere, it is just a cavity that most people dig into to be safe. But struggling everyday of one's life to make it a beautiful and productive day is a job not for an ordinary man.

You have been a buddy to everybody in this forum and that only comes from someone with a very big heart. This reminds me of a mid-twentieth century humanist who said: "psychology is not a matter of the mind, psychology is a matter of the heart". And as far as that goes, you are one of the sanest people I have ever known!

Terry, you were really in the ward?
I would have never guessed it. You seem sane enough to me.
If it is anything at all, I had a shrink diagnose me with bi-polar syndrome and prescribed me something wierd(cant remember the name), but I never took it.
It isn't a major case, but I know how you feel.
Sometimes I get mad for no real reason, take this post for instance, I don't hardly remeber writing it.
What is your problem? Maybe not everyone's parents can buy them a great PC, I think atari has done well with getting everything for free.
FYI, I used a 486 with a 19.2K modem on netzero until 2001, so don't cut people's stuff down, sometimes they can't afford a new machine. You're a Prick

I can't even clearly remember writing that, but I know in my mind I did, but usually I am very cool about things, not angry, just happens. But I can't imagine how bad it'd have to have been for you to enter a mental ward.

Edit: LOL, that seroquel was the crap he wanted me on.

It's usually a very easy choice between hospital or jail. (I know how to have a very convincing psychotic break when I need to).
I know what ya mean about uncontrolled anger, it's the one thing that has gotten me into trouble every time I've ever been.

--T

Terry Yager said:
It's usually a very easy choice between hospital or jail. (I know how to have a very convincing psychotic break when I need to).
I know what ya mean about uncontrolled anger, it's the one thing that has gotten me into trouble every time I've ever been.

--T
Yeah, it is so unpredictable. I called my best friend a piece of sh!t because he asked me how to put brake pads on. That was a nice one to get over...lol
I have deleted tons of posts I have written and luckily saw after I got over being mad and deleted.

When I was evaluated for enlistment (over here, military service is mandatory for all suitable men over 18 years), the psychologist after having a five minute conversion with me declared me mentally instable. She didn't tell me it herself though; I was told by the superior at the end of the two day evalutation.

Point in case: never before and never after that, anyone has suggested I have a mental problem. I get uncontrollable ticks occasionally, in particular when I'm tired, but that is not the same as being mentally instable. But somewhere in the military records, it says "Anders Carlsson, mentally instable". :roll:

Anyway, I have a slight hearing problem from birth. It is something that only shows up on audiolog tests, not in daily life. The military doctor though was scared about the latin writing from my ear doctor, and perhaps thought the disease might get worse or I'd get a real hearing problem if I went into field with a lot of shooting. I also have very bad eyesight without glasses and poor condition, so in the end I was called off from doing military duty. I didn't complain a bit.

Back