• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How Dare He?

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
The nerve of Howard Dean, to describe Iran's PM as 'Anti-Semite':

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060727/ap_on_re_us/iraq_dean

If Mr. Dean would spend ten minutes googling, he could easily learn that the Persians trace thier lineage back to the Elamites & Proto-Elamites, but that later on thier blood & culture was dilluted by Semite influences from the west, and that, therefore, they are also sons of Shem, and, being mainly Muslim, they also count themselves as being descended from Father Abraham (on the Semite side of thier family tree).

If this guy is the voice of the modern left, I'll be glad to become a pistol-brandishing, bomb-throwing Anarchist when the revolution comez!

(I'm sorry, I just have a problem with finger-pointing & name-calling in general). I also cannot support Israel's 'right to defend itself', when thier definition of 'self-defense' involves air strikes on civillian populations in retaliation for a purely military operation against thier soldiers.

--T

Last edited:
Howard Dean is crazy and needs medication, but is not a seriously considered representitive of the USA Left, as Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, and Bill O'Reilly are to the right.

Terry Yager wrote:

> The nerve of Howard Dean, to describe Iran's PM as
> 'Anti-Semite':

I just ignore those sorts of people who simply go away when
people begin ignorning them - their only out for attention.

But sure, guess we're all kind a bit like that - we all want a
little bit of time in which we can control.

It's good to be open to suggestions though, people who are
closed drain your energy because they aren't open to
suggestions - even when they do want some - it's frustrating
more than anything else.

TV has a lot to answer for - particularly the media, the media
used to love people like "Arthur Tunstall" because at first he
was an unknown & cause Media used to tone his comments which
seemed Racist, however it was latter uncovered - by the man
himself, that it was all simply a sense of humor & his tone
certainally said it was.

It's certainally not a new concept - people critising other
people has been happening for a long time - while Pete Seeger
was with the Union Boys he sang a song called "Listen, Mr.
Bilbo" which comprises a story about some dude (Mr. Bilbo)
critising people which came to America & how America benefited
from it.

CP/M User.

USSEnterprise said:
Howard Dean is crazy and needs medication, but is not a seriously considered representitive of the USA Left, as Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, and Bill O'Reilly are to the right.

That's no excuse. I'm 'crazy' & on medication, but that don't mean I'm *totally* st00pit! (I'm only as st00pit as the 'meds' make me)...

--T

Howard dean a voice of the left?
WTF? LOLerCopters

Al Gore and Hillary Clinton are the voices of the left in my opinion.

Howard Dean lost all credibility when he was screaming in public.

Terry Yager said:
That's no excuse. I'm 'crazy' & on medication, but that don't mean I'm *totally* st00pit! (I'm only as st00pit as the 'meds' make me)...

--T
Terry, he said "needs meds" not "meds make him crazy"
Read more carefully.

USSEnterprise said:

The difference is that for the right the aforementioned players are commentators. They fill the airwaves with their noise, but they aren't legislators - they don't represent the actual party and are recognized as fringe elements both inside and out.

On the left, Howard Dean is, in fact, chair of the DNC.

alexkerhead said:
Al Gore and Hillary Clinton are the voices of the left in my opinion.

Howard Dean lost all credibility when he was screaming in public.

That may be true, but it's not an improvement. It might, in fact, be worse.

I think you are two quick to jump without thinking.

Many people associate anti-semitism with being anti-Jewish. And if you look at dictionary definitions, one of the definitions of 'semite' is Jewish, in addition to the other definitions.

So read between the lines a little bit. If Howard Dean said the president of Iran is anti-Jewish or anti-Israeli, there would be no thread here because we'd all be saying 'duh.'

Howard Dead is not an eloquent speaker, and I'm sure this is a case of poor wording. And there is no doubt that the current government of Iran isn't very interested in having Israel as a neighbor, and the current government of Israel isn't too fond of the current government of Iran.

mbbrutman said:
I think you are two quick to jump without thinking.

Mebbe so, petty name-calling seems to have that effect on me.
Many people associate anti-semitism with being anti-Jewish. And if you look at dictionary definitions, one of the definitions of 'semite' is Jewish, in addition to the other definitions.

So read between the lines a little bit. If Howard Dean said the president of Iran is anti-Jewish or anti-Israeli, there would be no thread here because we'd all be saying 'duh.'

The 'duh factor' being that obvious, the entire comment was unnecessary, as well as completely out of line.
Howard Dead is not an eloquent speaker, and I'm sure this is a case of poor wording. And there is no doubt that the current government of Iran isn't very interested in having Israel as a neighbor, and the current government of Israel isn't too fond of the current government of Iran.

Speakers in the public eye, and especially those who claim to represent (some of?) the American people should choose thier words more carefully, and not go about 'baiting' or insulting other world leaders. Great wars have been fought over less...

--T

Last edited:
Back