• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Leaving for Vacation

ribbets

Experienced Member
Had to check the Forum before we leave for week on the coast of Maine. Not taking my lap top so I'll begin withdrawals probably tomorrow. Kayaking and Lobsters . It don't get any better than that...

Ribbets

Have a fun trip!

I've spent a bit of time up there kayaking, sailing and so on.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mmmmmmm.... lobsters... with drawn butter... don't forget a side of rare steak! :D

Cheers,

80sFreak

80sFreak said:
Mmmmmmm.... lobsters... with drawn butter... don't forget a side of rare steak! :D

Cheers,

80sFreak

Screw da steak, go for a slab of ribz! BBQ & seafood...Heaven on Earth! (Or iz that just a Southern thing...?)...

--T

BBQ sauce...

BBQ sauce...

Terry Yager said:
Screw da steak, go for a slab of ribz! BBQ & seafood...Heaven on Earth! (Or iz that just a Southern thing...?)...

Okay, I have to agree with you.. :) messy and more messy!

Cheers,

80sFreak

mmm Food..

mmm Food..

alexkerhead said:
atari, come down to da souf, you'll see what I mean, our food can turn vegeterians into carnivores in seconds.

I was in Atlanta once - they put butter on the steak before serving it to you! It was different, but *good*. :) And, when I went to the LUCKI expo in 2004 (a C= only show) there was this buffet across the street that had a few different food combinations I haven't had before - like a mixture of tomatoes and some other stuff... I can't remember now what the other stuff was.. It wasn't bad though. :)

I love trying new foods, but my favorite is hot and spicy! :D

Cheers,

80sFreak

surf and turf

surf and turf

The Lobster was fantastic, but the price is high $5.00 a lb for culls and $5.50 for shedders and the hard shells were around $6.50. Clams were out of my price range ,around $4.00 a lb. Corn is just coming into season now and the blueberries were the best .. But we did go to a TAI Resturant for lunch and was their food good !!! just enough spice to makeit interesting.

The Lobster was fantastic, but the price is high $5.00 a lb for culls and $5.50 for shedders and the hard shells were around $6.50. Clams were out of my price range ,around $4.00 a lb. Corn is just coming into season now and the blueberries were the best .. But we did go to a TAI Resturant for lunch and was their food good !!! just enough spice to makeit interesting.

What is a cull and shedder? Is that the approximate weight? I used to live in Boston, and I remember "chicken" lobsters were about 1 = 1 1/2 lbs and were usually cheaper per lb then the bigger ones... But I am now in S NJ and the price I am seeing for lobsters is $11.00/lb. :(

Cheers,

80sFreak

P.S. Is it wrong to name the lobsters before you throw them in the pot of boiling water?

Heard in the food store:

-"I would like to buy a quantity of crayfish."
-"Yes. Would you like Chinese, Turkish or Spanish?"
-"It doesn't matter. I'm going to eat them, not talk to them."

Lobster

Lobster

Shedders or soft shell are lobsters that have outgrown their shell and back out of the old shell and wait for a new one to form around them . Culls are lobsters that have a claw missing.

Legal Size

Legal Size

The legal length of a lobster here in Maine is measured by a guage that measures from the eye socket to the beginning of the tail. To short, they throw them back and to long same thing. Try to keep the big ones for breeders. Most average 1lb to 2.5 lbs for legal ones. And any females that show eggs underneath are marked with a notch and thrown back in even if their a legal size

Back