• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Greetings... :)

EddieDX4

Veteran Member
I posted earlier, but forgot to introduce myself (how rude!)

I don't even remember how I found the site, I was doing a search in google that much I remember... But here I am. :)

A few years ago I had quite the diversified collection, with a few Apple IIgs complete systems, IBM PCjr, Commodore 128D, Amiga 500, a few SGI Indigo2's (ok, so not that old, but interesting at the time), Mac LC, II, and older PowerMacs, as well as a few IBM PS/2s. However, I've literally lost most of my collection during several moves, some of it stolen (who the hell wants to steal old computer "junk"????? hehe), some of it just had to "let go" due to lack of space or weight issues.

Now I'm picking up interest again and I'm slowly acquiring a thing here and there... My first experience with a computer was a TI 99/4A (circa 1981 ~ 82), and shortly after (few years) an IBM PC XT.

If asked which is my absolute favorite or most sought after machine from the computing golden era, my mind races as I have a lot that I feel strongly about... But if I were to pick one on the fly I'd have to say the Commodore 128D... I remember how much I enjoyed going over to my friend's just to play games on it, as I never had a chance to own one as a kid. Fast forwarding a bit, the Tandy 1000 RLX and (for some odd reason) the IBM PS/2 model 9595 server.

Ask me again tomorrow, and I might have a different answer... Anyways, I think I've found the perfect place to "hang out" and share my thoughts, likes/dislikes, and experiences with others. And to think I thought I was crazy... ;)

Welcome to the forums!

I'm sure you'll find plenty of favorites, old and new, here.

Enjoy!

Back