• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Kyotronic KC-85

EvanK

VCFed Founder
I posted this on ebay tonight, auction #200020957794. If it looks familiar, that's because more people know it better as the Tandy Model 100, NEC PC-8201, and Olivetti M-10. A company which in 1983 was called Kyosei -- and which is now the modern Kyocera -- built this computer mainly for Tandy, which wanted it along with then-newbie Microsoft for the U.S. market.

The computer works well with 4 new AA batteries. It has 32K memory. I'm not selling the manuals, but I will include a Tandy Model 100 manual; the functionality is the same. My auction opens at $25 and there's a buy-it-now price of $50 (since this is far more rare than the popular Tandy version.)

Feel free to email me off-list with any questions.

Picture is below. Sorry for the grainy image, I took it with my cell phone.

- Evan (evan at snarc.net)

kc-85.jpg

Evan,

If I had known that was you, I wouldn't have bid against you! Sorry about that dude.

Oh well, looks like you did pretty good on the re-list.

Curtis

Curtis, it didn't matter, there were other people who bid higher than you anyway. But thanks for thinking of me. :)

I know I could've resold it for a higher BIN but I just wanted to unload quickly and for a reasonable price. Only bought it for the manuals...

Back