• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tablet PCs

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
nige the hippy said:
Lastly... begging small and easily posted thing... IBM Thinkpad tablet-pc stylus/pen? I could use at least one, even broken - just to reverse engineer it, or does anyone know exactly how they work.

Nig

My intention was to create a tutorial on tablet/touch screen technology, but I discovered that Wikipedia has the subject pretty well-covered already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen, and...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablet_PC

--T

Last edited:
Ooh cheers,

I'm probably going to have to do a bit more research on the wacom thingy (wonder if any active wacom pen would work??) or spend £30 on a new pen and hope the technology hasn't changed in the past 12 years (although sounds like it has).

Could do with frequency info etc

I just fancied wipe-clean computing in the kitchen and a pile of little old thinkpads for not-a-lot seemed to fit the bill.

Nig

Last edited:
Yes, AFAIK. I have several tablets with that digitizer, and all the pens are interchangable among mine. Of course, the IBM ones do have that pretty pink logo on 'em.

Which model(s) of IBM tablet(s) do you have?

--T

i'll probably put 95 on it, i know it's only a 486, but i think it'll cope. i did look for bits & bats software-wise, but there's a lot of other 710Ts out there that aren't thinkpad tablet pcs.

You can email me the drivers if you like (please) I got a 5MB file attatchment yesterday, so my mailbox will handle it.
I must start my own website sometime just to hold the useful info I've collected on it.

Cheers yet again...

i'll probably put 95 on it, i know it's only a 486, but i think it'll cope. i did look for bits & bats software-wise, but there's a lot of other 710Ts out there that aren't thinkpad tablet pcs.

You can email me the drivers if you like (please) I got a 5MB file attatchment yesterday, so my mailbox will handle it.
I must start my own website sometime just to hold the useful info I've collected on it.

Cheers yet again...

OK, ummn...I'll dig 'em up.

--T

If you can find the d/l for the 730-series, the Pen Services 2.0 is the same for the 710 & 360PE. I have the 95 version running on an Epson 50MHz 486, and it ain't too bad.

--T

Back