• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

EBAY CC-40 collection including WaferTape drive!

Pardon me while I go get a towel I'm drooling so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only a wafertape WITH tapes, but an Editor/Assembler cartridge WITH documentation!

Not to drive up the price, but those 2 items by themselves are almost (but not quite) as rare as a hexbus floppy dirve.

Time to check the banking account and get in good with the wife!! ;)

Major LOL! I knew you would ABSOLUTELY FREAK when you saw this on ebay. I never, ever heard of wafer tapes. Good thing I'm not into TI stuff, we could have ended up with a bidding war on that lot :cool:

Oh, my Tandy Portable Disk Drive 2 (yes, the TPDD2!) that I paid $306 for, is working perfectly. It was in such MINT condition that I'm currently doing disk formats just to spread the grease out on the worm gears. Gives me a disk error the first try as the grease isn't distributed well yet.

Major LOL! I knew you would ABSOLUTELY FREAK when you saw this on ebay. I never, ever heard of wafer tapes. Good thing I'm not into TI stuff, we could have ended up with a bidding war on that lot :cool:

Oh, my Tandy Portable Disk Drive 2 (yes, the TPDD2!) that I paid $306 for, is working perfectly. It was in such MINT condition that I'm currently doing disk formats just to spread the grease out on the worm gears. Gives me a disk error the first try as the grease isn't distributed well yet.

Have you ever heard of a stringy floppy? It's essentially the same thing, but TI had to add their own twist and succeeded in royally screwing it up. Something about not issuing a spinup command with an ample delay time before starting the write sequence.

If they'd gone for a 3.5" drive like the PDD 1 or 2, life would've been so much better. Heck, the plug is even the same on both. Wait a minute... :confused:

As we feared -- $102.51 with 5.5 days to go -- oh my.

"Will that be with meat sauce or meat balls, sir?"

As we feared -- $102.51 with 5.5 days to go -- oh my.

"Will that be with meat sauce or meat balls, sir?"

Yeah, unfortunately, I think this may exceed my budget pretty soon.

I pretty well shot my goodwill with the wife over the hexbus floppy.

Guess we'll have to see what happens over the next 5 days.

If I could get this, it would pretty well fill my set out. If I could only find that video interface...

Well, looks like it finally hit the lull. I was wondering if that auction was ever going to take a break!

Sheesh, you'd think the wafertape and the other stuff listed was rare or somethin'

Curtis

I dunno, I can understand paying >$650.00 for a disk drive or stringgy floppy, of which there are only what, 10 - or - so in existance, but >$350.00 for a PDD2? Man, dat's wild, Chuck.

--T

There is an update to the description of the Editor/Assembler documentation. I wanted to describe it more fully so I sat down to thumb through it. One hour later I was still reading. Man it is VERY detailed. I don't know if a consumer Editor/Assembler was ever offered but this looks like something given out only to professionals. For instance, Look at this paragraph:

Information written (output) to P2 and P3 is not the same as information that can be read (input) from the registers. Whereas the count modulus is written to P2, the current value in the counter is read from the register. Whereas counter-control information is written to P3, the latched value of the counter when the last interrupt 3 pulse occurred is read from the register.

I don't think that paragraph was intended for the average games cartridge blackjack player.

If you are a CC-40 Geek (that's a good thing) this manual is better than a novel!

While I was thumbing through the manual I found a 1983 ad pamplet with Bill Cosby on the cover holding a CC-40 and a wafertape! It even has a little wafertape write-up. It says the tape capacity is: 48K (unformatted) using 50-foot Wafertape cartridge. I'll leave the pamplet in the bundle as a little bonus.

LOL Is beginning to look like they are a TAD more common than I thought. I was having very tough time finding anything in decent shape. The 2 TPDD1s I purchased in a lot are so messed up it's embarassing to have them out of the closet.

$36 would have been tons better than the final $306.

Last edited:
Okay, another update!! The Editor/Assembler users guide was located! Here is the complete update as listed on EBAY (200044645602)

------------

Yet another update, but it is a good one!!!!!

I have located the Editor/Assembler User’s guide and it will included with the Reference manual and Editor/Assembler cartridge. This completes the documentation for the Editor /Assembler cartridge. This manual is definitely more user friendly than the Reference manual described above. It has examples (The “BEEP” assembly language program) and step by step instructions for use of the Editor/Assembler cartridge and even the wafertape (Which, of course, is also in this bundle!) Using this manual I was able to test the Editor/Assembler cartridge.

I inserted the cartridge and entered RUN “ALDS”
The CC-40 responded “C 1983 Texas Instruments”
Next the display read “E)dit A)ssemble L)ink B)asic”
Looks good!!

Here are the chapter headings:

Chapter 1: CC-40 Assembly-Language program development with the editor/assembler: An Introduction
Chapter 2 – TMS7000 Assembly Language
Chapter 3 – CC-40 with the ALDS (Assembly Language Development System)
Chapter 4 – The line and Screen editor
Chapter 5 – The assembler
Chapter 6 – The linker
Chapter 7 – ALDS Utility Programs
Chapter 8 -- Debug Monitor

Man, this package is getting harder and harder to turn loose of!

There is an update to the description of the Editor/Assembler documentation. I wanted to describe it more fully so I sat down to thumb through it. One hour later I was still reading. Man it is VERY detailed. I don't know if a consumer Editor/Assembler was ever offered but this looks like something given out only to professionals. For instance, Look at this paragraph:

Information written (output) to P2 and P3 is not the same as information that can be read (input) from the registers. Whereas the count modulus is written to P2, the current value in the counter is read from the register. Whereas counter-control information is written to P3, the latched value of the counter when the last interrupt 3 pulse occurred is read from the register.

I don't think that paragraph was intended for the average games cartridge blackjack player.

If you are a CC-40 Geek (that's a good thing) this manual is better than a novel!

While I was thumbing through the manual I found a 1983 ad pamplet with Bill Cosby on the cover holding a CC-40 and a wafertape! It even has a little wafertape write-up. It says the tape capacity is: 48K (unformatted) using 50-foot Wafertape cartridge. I'll leave the pamplet in the bundle as a little bonus.

UBER WHIMPER!!!!

My wife is gonna kill me!!!! :wow:

Curtis

Tedster does do a good sales job :cool:

Well, still holding after another 19 hours. That's pretty normal for ebay, as we know. All the real bids are in the last 90 seconds of the listing (boo).

Tedster does do a good sales job :cool:

Well, still holding after another 19 hours. That's pretty normal for ebay, as we know. All the real bids are in the last 90 seconds of the listing (boo).

He's not having to do much of a sales job with this. The merchandise is pretty well doing it for him.

Curtis

3 hours left and it just past my limit of $400!

:curse:

Wonder if I can finagle a deal with the winner to get a copy of the ed/asm docs and cart...for a price that is!

Curtis

Yep, I noticed you got outbid. I have a $200 bid in on a complete M200 with TPDD2 drive, software, cables, disks. Kelly tells me that $200 is about the max. Hard to tell how rare these puppies really are. Altho, we know those string deals are super rare.

*cough cough* Joining Curtis in the bid war dust! $316.99 is even toooo steep for me. Glad I asked Kelly about how rare they really are.

*cough cough* Joining Curtis in the bid war dust! $316.99 is even toooo steep for me. Glad I asked Kelly about how rare they really are.

$623 with 40 minutes to go!

All I can say is DAAAAYYYYUUUUUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gape:

I HATE THE TASTE OF DUST! :cloudmad:

Curtis

Final bid, $2050!

Congrats Ted, you've gotta be smiling. Probably a little frowning that you've got to part with it all.

It was a sweet set up.

Curtis

Back