• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Texas Vintage Windows 1.03

Covers: Texas

Jerry72

Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
I have Windows 1.3 still boxed with the factory plastic wrap. Make offer

There was a Windows 1.03 as well. I don't remember if the boxes clearly stated version number for Windows 1.x versions.

Must not have been around very long - never saw it in the wild.
Sold for about a year (Jun 1986 on) until replaced by 1.04 in April 1987 which had limited PS/2 support which means that 1.03 was the longest sold version of Win 1.x. 1.01 only had two months on the market; 1.02 had less than 6 months; and Win 1.04 was replaced by Windows 2.01 in about 8 months.

Last edited:
Sold for about a year (Jun 1986 on) until replaced by 1.04 in April 1987 which had limited PS/2 support which means that 1.03 was the longest sold version of Win 1.x. 1.01 only had two months on the market; 1.02 had less than 6 months; and Win 1.04 was replaced by Windows 2.01 in about 8 months.
Did you ever actually use one of those 1.??

Did you ever actually use one of those 1.??
Yes. Though my actual programming of applications for Windows was started with Windows 2.

The About box showed different numbers and a few drivers were added in each newer version but the other changes were difficult to notice between 1.xx versions.

Yes. Though my actual programming of applications for Windows was started with Windows 2.

The About box showed different numbers and a few drivers were added in each newer version but the other changes were difficult to notice between 1.xx versions.
What platform did it run on?

That reminds me of that thread a way number of years back where someone falsely claimed to have a Twiggy Mac but claimed to have no way of taking pictures of it. Hell, I won't touch toy smarphones, but even I have a digital camera.

0786 Part No. 050-050-226 Microsoft Windows Version 1.03 has a "tear" in the plastic from the bottom hole to the bottom of the box. 1.3 was a typo

$650 or best offer.

I have other vintage computer hardware and software items here that I am going to sell, some are more rare than this one. Takes time going through all this stuff

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
Would people really pay that much for an old copy of windows? I dunno, I dont collect big box games or software. Software isnt tangible so I wont pay for old software. Cartridges on the other hand I would pay for. But thats just me and personal preference.

0786 Part No. 050-050-226 Microsoft Windows Version 1.03 has a "tear" in the plastic from the bottom hole to the bottom of the box. 1.3 was a typo

$650 or best offer.

I have other vintage computer hardware and software items here that I am going to sell, some are more rare than this one. Takes time going through all this stuff
Wow! Very cool!

You might have better luck on eBay, there's lots of collectors looking for something like this, especially in the box with plastic wrap.

-Chris

It's a cool find, and I would like to see more of what the OP has to sell.

I wouldn't spend $650 on this though. I'm not the type of person to leave something shrinkwrapped on my bookshelf.

Hi,

Should anybody want to turn archeologist, I tossed a full set of Windows 1.0 pre-release set of disks into the dump near Keaau, HI about 2005 when I was packing to move back to the main land. Actually, there is a bunch of old vintage computer stuff even older in that dump! I wish I kept it all now, but at the time, it seemed worthless, and for the cost of moving I wanted to cut my stuff down to one 24' container.

$650 or best offer.

Your profile is new/off so can't DM you.

Back