• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IRC Chat?

I second the motion .. IRC is alive and well.

retrobox.scieron.com

I second the motion .. IRC is alive and well.

retrobox.scieron.com

glad to see everybody having fun there! :)

i can't join right now, i'm not even on my home computer and about to go leave to somewhere but i was just checking in on the forums.

Man, when someone starts a BBS, the thread & (assumingly) the BBS last for a few days, but I think this IRC server Mike has going will last for a while!

<off topic>I might be able to set up a Ventrilo server at my other house, on a hardwired-LAN computer that's on 24/7! More to come on Monday...</offtopic>

Does anyone remember that for a short while, Erik set up a JavaScript based chat on this page? As far as I remember, the traffic was meager, to phrase it kindly. Eventually he closed it down, as nobody used it.

Like I said originally, too many timezones. This forum deal works so much better. The Europe crowd gets on about 2-4 am my time. The next day I get to read what they had to say.

What happened to retrobox.scieron.com ? I keep getting "No ident response" and then it just hangs there..
k1ocray.gif

Cheers,

80sFreak

What happened to retrobox.scieron.com ? I keep getting "No ident response" and then it just hangs there..
k1ocray.gif

Cheers,

80sFreak

ftw? it should only hang there for like 20 or 30 seconds if that... and only if you dont have an identd server running on your box.

i'm hanging out in the channel with leetIRC from my 286 :)

hopefully it gets chatty there tonight, since its a friday.

I really don't know the first thing about an IRC chat but when i went to the site it said "No." and thats it.Is that normal?I viewed the source and this is it "<html>No.</html>".So uhh wahts wrong with it?Sorry for my absent brain its only 9:49 pm, but im tired. :yawn:

Back