• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

compaq deskpro 8086/8087

It is a little pricey indeed, since it only cost me $94US to send a Apple II+ to Hong Kong the first time I sold one on e-bay.

Some of these people seem to think that they have to make a killing on the shipping and handling charges as well. Boxes are free, a bag of bio-degradable peanuts cost me 5 bucks and I charged $10 to box it up, do all the paperwork and trot it down to the post office.

Granted, Compaq desktops were never what you'd consider light (I believe the ad said it was 35 pounds), but, I shipped a model II to Florida and it's bigger, heavier and required a ton of packing. It survived 2 post offices and made it in one piece and working.

Tooooo funny. See the moist spot on the left corner in the picture? That's where I was drooling. Like everyone else, NO way I could go $93 buckaroos to ship it. Think I already own at least 3 machines in that speed range (4.77 - 8). Got enough for DOS 3.31 I would think.

Back