• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

KIM-1 on eBay

Dude.. don't spread the word about my new kim-1?!

Dude.. don't spread the word about my new kim-1?!

;o) Whater ya doin'?! I'm trying to keep this auction low so I can win it!

Actually.. do you know anything about the different revisions? I'm surprised to see a letter as high as G on this unit.

Ya, I was close to winning this nice piece. But the odd thing was, was that I did not realize the amount of scammers on eBAy. Some guy claiming to be the guy who posted this auction, and somehow emailed me and told me that eBay made him take the auction down, and that he would still sell it to me. But anyway i figured out that he wasn't he he said he was. But it shocked me. I didn't expect some punks to be watching a kim-1 or to even know what one is. Perhaps there's a group of predators lurking in the shadows of vintage computer auctions. So be warned.

You know, after looking at the KIM-1 circuit, if you really want one how about just building your own? The circuit looks pretty straightforward and I bet you could build a functional prototype in not too long. The schematics available online at:

http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/schematics/kim-1/index.html

Personally, I am not interested as I am more of a Z80 & CP/M type but a 6502 would be a great platform to integrate with a video chip like MC6845.

It looks like it would be a fun project. Just a thought. Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

PS, Now this guy knows how to do a homebrew 6502 project! Check this out:

http://www.howell1964.freeserve.co.uk/logic/polymorph_project.htm

Yes, I was also wondering if there already aren't any KIM-1 replicas?

On the topic of homebrew 6502 projects, I like M02 by Dieter Mueller, built entirely out of 74LS parts, EPROMs and RAM. Look, no CPU! He also has built a 16-bit computer out of a few 74LS and an impossible amount of transistors.

Yes, I was also wondering if there already aren't any KIM-1 replicas?

On the topic of homebrew 6502 projects, I like M02 by Dieter Mueller, built entirely out of 74LS parts, EPROMs and RAM. Look, no CPU! He also has built a 16-bit computer out of a few 74LS and an impossible amount of transistors.

WOW! I am impressed. Cool!

The 6502 is still available as the 65C02.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

Back