• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Enable OA

sorry was not specific enough

sorry was not specific enough

I did not save the file or write the file it is the popup.wpf file off the download site where i got enable from. it is called popup.wpf i tried opening it in enable and that is when i got the error, i tried renaming it and opening it as well as a bunch of other things.

anyway, bottom line is if anyone has the ability to open the popup.wpf Popfgm.wpf or the other .wpf files on thogscave and can just post them in plain text that would be great.

Toby

does the .popup command

does the .popup command

does the popup command work under 4.0? if not then dont bother as i will be staying with version 4.0 as everytime i mention needing a serial number for 4.5 someone gets scared of an invisible entity coming knocking on their door and deletes my post and since the company tossed out their 4.5 disks years ago i have no way of installing the newer version.

but thanks for everything guys and good luck with your projects!

Toby

Posting of serial numbers is forbidden, that has always been a long standing rule of this forum. Even if the company in question has long since gone it is not allowed here. I'm sure the others can help you off site.

-Vlad

Ok

Ok

Ok well there are links to the software download on here, how about a link to a serial number? If you can't post serials but can post links to keys and .iso's of entire programs what about posting a link to the serial numbers as well? That would certainly help with the revival i would think.

Toby

p.s. i didn't post a serial number simply asked for one, my post was deleted. how can i get others to help me if they never see my request? any suggestions? i've already tried using the private message feature no luck yet as well as the mailing list from thogscave.

Last edited:
Toby, I have sent a reply to your request on Thogscave, I will try to attach the text version of popup.wpf here. I'll see how I go, never posted an attachment on a bulletin board before.

Attachments

• popup.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 1
I jave just looked at the popup.txt attachment, downloaded again to myself, looks OK, box drawing characters you'll need to work out (parameters 6a to 6f). Look at my reply also on Thogscave. If you search the Thogscave lists you will also find many posts about .popup several months ago.

Let us know how you go,

suthnsun

it worked

it worked

that helps a lot, at least now i can see the syntax and test it in version 4.0

thanks!

Toby

Posting of serial numbers is forbidden, that has always been a long standing rule of this forum. Even if the company in question has long since gone it is not allowed here. I'm sure the others can help you off site.

-Vlad

Right Vlad. We wouldn't have hung them out anyway [I bought about 12 of them at 35.00 per when the company announced it was hanging it up]; we learned our lesson with the network keys. I sent him a, well it's really called a registration key, not a serial number. Same difference. /OAfurf

lanu.exe

lanu.exe

the lanu.bat file works the same as the lanu.exe did from 4.0 - all good

Last edited:
11 new keys

11 new keys

38 total keys now, i managed to get 11 new ones and sent them out for posting on thogscave, if anyone needs them before they get posted leave me a pm.

http://www.thogscave.org/enable/files/

closing on a new house tomorrow so will be here and there over the next few days.

Thanks to everyone for all the help, take care and keep up the great work!

Toby

closing on a new house tomorrow so will be here and there over the next few days.

Thanks to everyone for all the help, take care and keep up the great work!

Toby

I hope your new house is everything you dream it would be. Hang in with us here: there's a lot we've done with Enable since the old days. And if you do hang with us, I'll get you into the OA Cabal. :D/OAfurf

Vintage Lives

Vintage Lives

Haven't had a chance to stop by in a while, and it still looks like Vintage Lives!! Thogs is still my main communications as I don't have to login and check every once and a while, But this is probably the Point Place that others will find our groupa since it's a great source of information to us "oldtimers". Everyone have a Great Thanksgiving!!:D

Theatre

Theatre

Next thing we know you'll be producing for Disney's High School Musical !! have a Great Holiday Season!!:)

Christmas Blessings to all on Vintage and especially to the EnableOA Cabal

Christmas Blessings to all on Vintage and especially to the EnableOA Cabal

Thought I would plug back in here for a Christmas greeting and announce that thanks to Vintage we have picked up quite an active group of EnableOA users. Just when we think we have everybody who is anybody, someone else discovers the EnableOA thread on Vintage and joins us. Thanks to Vintage we're still spanning three continents.

Right now I'm challenging the cabal to learn more about the OA spreadsheets and how to wed/integrate a spreadsheet with the OA database module. Some have picked up on my HI HO ENABLE OA colorful screen routine to have an application close [go out] with a bang. :cool:/OAfurf

OA as a background service?

OA as a background service?

Who would have thought the old dinosaur DOS program Enable OA would still be kicking goals after umpteen versions of Windows have come and gone? With the help of Tamedos to control CPU usage, OA running as a background service is a neat way to automatically handle a host of tasks; database transactions, emailing, reports, printing, tidying up, re-indexing, backups, general fixit helper and even real time interactions.

Enable's internal scripting language and ability to communicate with the operating system, (together with its Integration prowess) provides a wonderful array of automation capabilities.

suthnsun

Coming Soon: Office Oliver

Coming Soon: Office Oliver

The best may yet be :p ahead. Toby asked me to share with him my EnableOA Doctor's Office application [Toby works in a medical facility] which I wrote in the late 80's and updated right through most of the nineties, tailored to the specifications of Dr. Oliver Quinn of Rathmines and Drimnagh in the Dublin suburbs.

Well that got me going through it, and of course I had to archive over 1400 patient records and start entering the EnableOA Cabal guys as "patients" -- which means we have just a handful a patients instead of over a thousand -- and make up out of my head diagnoses:(, prescriptions:eek:, etc. just to have someone still in the application, but it was fun:) assigning illnesses and remedies for you thoggers.

Meanwhile I started testing it again to see how it runs, tweaking, debugging. It's got a whole bunch of Enable customized menus integrated into the script, a couple of perform files etc.

I hope to have it ready soon. It should be noted that screen design and custom coloring is as important to me as getting the code right. Office Oliver will demo both. :xmas:/OAfurf

Just a suggestion, OA:

This thread has grown to be rather lengthy, and contains a wealth of information. I'd just like to suggest that you or someone else who might have some extra time on their hands might d/l the thread, and create (and maintain) a faq for posterity. It would sure make things simpler for members of the Enable community to access the information, as opposed to scanning thru the whole thread to see if their questions are addressed herein. Just so you don't get the wrong idea, I'm not complaining. I think I speak for all of us when I say we're glad that you all have a place to get together and discuss issues you may have, and we welcome you to continue to use this forum, but having a faq as well just seems convenient to other users. Maybe even a wiki, where others could contribute directly from their own knowledge and experience.

--T

Just a suggestion, OA:

... might d/l the thread, and create (and maintain) a faq for posterity. having a faq as well just seems convenient to other users. Maybe even a wiki, where others could contribute directly from their own knowledge and experience.

Tell me more since I've never created a faq. Do I click the FAQ up top to get info on how to do it? Where does it get stored, right here on Vintage? And how does a Enable user know it's there? Will it show up somehow in the thread? Maybe I could get the EnableOA users to all help design it. /OAfurf

Back