• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

hi from Chile!

leos_advs

hi!.. first sorry if my english is not too god.. but my language is spanish...

my name is Leonardo, im 17 years old, im realy love old computers.. here in chile (and in my city) is too hard to find any vintage computer...(my friends thinks a vintage computer is a pentium 3 :rolleyes:) i have a small computer and videogame console collection.. an mac plus.. atari 800xl (realy popular brand here) and others...but i realy want to find an apple IIc.. that was my first computer ever in 1996 but i lost it...
im found this forum and its realy cool.. nice collections..

Greetings to everyone @ the vintage computer forums :D

Last edited:
Hi back! Your English looks fine. I should have taken Spanish in school but did French instead. Oh well.

Welcome aboard!

It might be harder to find gear in Chile, but that makes the finds you make that much more fun, eh? :)

Enjoy!

Welcome, and good luck with your search for vintage items.

Sometimes the supply is greater than what you would expect, i.e. our Romanian friend on this forum seems to score the most amazing finds, local stuff other collectors of obscure items would drool to get their hands on. I suppose however there was no Chilean computer industry to speak of? Perhaps you got Drean computers from Argentina, or Brazilian made stuff?

thanks for the welcome :mrgreen:...

well here in chile the atari was the most popular brand here.. the 800xl is realy common here.. and in the 80's the Coelsa company (and others) made casette tapes with the "INJECTOR" system and a lot of modding projects.. like the atari eprom burner and others...
some people still making programs for the atari.. and new hardware mods appear.
exist a lots of comunity thats still play and using Ataris here.
i got some videos on youtube about this...
one of my friends made a Mame Atari style program (its free to everyone) its called "biblioteca atari"

here in some flea market sometimes is easy to find vintage items.. but its no common...

i just start my collection but i got some cool items

here is my computer desktop
(not too much but i was just starting)
100203wqo.jpg

i got some old chilean software like the OYSTER antivirus (and others)... now its open to share but its realy non common...

brazilian and argentina stuff are not much common here.. maybe some brazilian MSX and apple II clones...

if want some atari software or documentation i have a lot.. just say :D

Back