• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Rescue Mission (lots of pics - dialup beware)

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
Today I went on a 6 hour round-trip drive through nasty rain and wind to rescue a part of an about-to-be-scrapped collection.

From the haul:

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 002.jpg

The stuffed back of the minivan. I could have packed more, but there wouldn't have been anyplace to unpack it to.
Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 008.jpg

A reasonably complete Oddesey.

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 020.jpg

A boxed and complete Laser 50 (whatever that is.)

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 025.jpg

An early Fairchild game system.

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 027.jpg

A large box of Atari 2600 carts.

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 033.jpg

And a couple of 2600s to play them on.

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 013.jpg

An Atari XE game system.

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 031.jpg

A Kaypro IV in a Kaypro bag (the bag needs a bath.)

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 035.jpg

A boxed CoCo with boxed drive.

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 036.jpg

An Amiga 2000 with SW, docs, etc. (Missing a key on the keyboard.)

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 038.jpg

A big bin of software and docs for an IBM PC.

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 044.jpg

And the PC itself with CGA and keyboard - dirty, but intact and supposedly working.

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 045.jpg

A Tandy pocket PC.

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 046.jpg

A Mod 4 with docs and sw.

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 049.jpg

A bagged Mac SE with other bits.

Resize of 080224JamestownHaul 058.jpg

And this nixie-tube looking beast. In the end-on view you can see how it's set up to display one of 10 digits. It's attached to some kind of old card.

There were a few other items in the haul, but these were the highlights.

Left behind:

A nice Ace 1000 with Ace10 disk drive, docs and some SW.

A Tandy 4P

Any number of toaster Macs from 512s to color classics.

A bunch of later Macs, Mac IIs and so on.

A bunch of Apple //GS systems.

Another CGA display.

An oddball 386SX all-in-a-keyboard system.

A couple of TRS-80 1000s.

Some 286 and 386 systems.

A couple of older Mac laptops (Powerbooks.)

And probably a few things I'm forgetting.

Some (most) of this stuff is available. I especially want to get rid of the PC, the Kaypro and some of the other bulky stuff, preferably to local folks.

Keeping it from the landfill was my primary goal. Getting it clear of the house and recouping my costs (I did pay a bit for this) is secondary.

Nice catch! I agree with Tony. How could you leave behind a 4P?!?!?!

I'm interested in the box of IBM stuff, and the Tandy pocket PC, just lettin' you guys know.

--Ryan

.....I especially want to get rid of the PC....

I'm really would love to have the PC set up. I've been trying to get a functional one for a while now. I know I'm far from local to you but I'd gladly pay for shipping for it. Please send me a PM and let me know what you think.
I definitely would've drove that far and more for all of that. That's an awesome find.

An IBM PC!!!

All those other goodies....

How come I can't find those things here???

Maybe I should migrate? :)

you INTENTIONALLY left behind a 4P?

Nice catch! I agree with Tony. How could you leave behind a 4P?!?!?!

Yeah. I wasn't happy to do it, but the case was pretty yellowed and there weren't docs/disks.

I have very serious space issues to contend with and my wife, while understanding, has her limits. I know I could have found that (and many of the other orphans) homes, but I couldn't store them in the meantime.

:(

Nice haul. You mentioned Mac II's? If so which models and were there any Nubus cards in them?

The Amiga 2000 looks like a stock 2000HD unit, does it work?

Will probably take you ages to sort and test that stuff.

that amiga looks pretty sweet, but sadly, I'm on the other side of the states from you

Nice haul. I have done road trips like that several times that have filled my van from front to back, floor to ceiling. The last trip I made, I had to leave behind about 30 vintage cases due to no more room.

Just a quick note to those who have dropped me PMs, emails or posts in this thread about wanting something or other from the pile - I have them and will consider them but I need to get a few other things done before I revisit this haul.

I will get back to folks and I will post a list of what is and isn't available when I have a clue.

I'm hoping for good weather this weekend. . . :D

If the left behind stuff is still available (i.e. the place you got them from didn't immediately landfill the rest,) then I'd post a message over on the 68kMLA forums, as those Macs would likely find a home quick. (If I were in the area, I'd happily go just to get a IIGS or two.)

If the left behind stuff is still available (i.e. the place you got them from didn't immediately landfill the rest,) then I'd post a message over on the 68kMLA forums, as those Macs would likely find a home quick. (If I were in the area, I'd happily go just to get a IIGS or two.)

The stuff is still there as of this morning.

Contact Ray at (209) 532-4566.

Please don't drive the guy crazy, though. . . :)

Damn! You must have a really nice Rescue Mission where you live. The only thing I could ever get outta those guys was a couple of spoons and a pocket fulla HolyJoe pamphlets. (I almost snagged a ladle once tho...). <Insert :SEG: smiley here>

--T

Last edited:
Back