• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Items from rescue mission

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
Per the rescue mission thread I'm trying to offload some items. I'll be putting those in this thread seeking folks to take the equipment off my hands. Pickup is always preferable but I can ship stuff at the recipient's expense.

I am asking for some money for these items to defray my costs and effort, but I'm not expecting eBay prices by any means.

PLEASE NOTE: The PC has been claimed. My apologies to the other(s) interested.

First on the docket is the IBM PC.

This machine is a late ROM 256K motherboard model. It comes pretty much maxed out with an ST225 hard drive, one full-height IBM floppy drive, 640K of RAM and CGA color.

The machine powers on to a long-short-short error code indicating a bad video card so the CGA card is probably bad. I tried basics (reseating the card, checking the chips) and wasn't able to fix it.

The CGA monitor appears to work and the machine does boot from the hard drive and reacts to DOS commands like DIR and ChkDsk (you can tell from the noise.)

Overall the machine is in good cosmetic shape except for the dirt. I put some elbow grease into cleaning a part of the keyboard to prove that it could be done, but didn't go much further.

The entire package is:

IBM PC CPU with 640K RAM, CGA color, Floppy and HD controllers and a printer port.
IBM PC Keyboard
IBM CGA Monitor
IBM PC Guide to Operations
IBM PC DOS 2.10
IBM PC BASIC manual

All of the manuals appear complete with disks as appropriate.

I'd prefer not to break up the set if possible.

Pictures below:

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 001.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 002.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 004.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 006.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 013.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 017.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man,, like 2 days ago i would have been repetedly emailing you about the trs-80 4.:)

but just yesterday i found the part i was looking for.

The Mac SE has hit eBay: 19020720791

Next up is an Apple Mac SE.

The machine comes with the manual, a few disks, keyboard, mouse, two external drives (3.5 and 5.25) all of which fit into the Mac Bag it came with. It is very clean with little yellowing (the drives are worse) and works flawlessly.

Images below:

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 020.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 021.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 023.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 024.jpg

Last edited:
PLEASE NOTE: The TRS-80 Pocket Computer has been claimed.

Last one before lunch:

One TRS-80 Pocket Computer.

It works on 4 AAs (tested) and that's it.

Cosmetics are average, at best. Maybe 5 out of 10. It'll clean up okay, but there are a few scratches, etc.

Nothing else comes with it.

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 028.jpg

Last edited:
NOTE: The Kaypro 4/84 has hit eBay: 190207207357

Continuing down the pile:

One Kaypro 4/84 in very good functional condition.

The only flaws are one missing key on the keyboard and one of the keyboard latches has come undone. It's still there and still holds, it's just not attached to the case properly.

Comes in a canvas case with the keyboard cable, a centronics printer cable and the two disks shown below (directories.)

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 032.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 033.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 035.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 037.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 038.jpg

Last edited:
PLEASE NOTE, The TRS-80 Model 4 has been claimed.

Next up is a nice TRS-80 Model 4. I was considering keeping this one until I saw how little space I really have. My loss is your gain. . .

This is a working machine that comes with the disk in the drive and a couple of manuals. I thought I had some other disks for it, but I can't find them at the moment. If I do I'll add them.

The keyboard needs to be pulled and cleaned. It is very, very flakey. The display worked okay with the ocassional need for precussive maintenance.

Overall cosmetics are good, if a bit dirty, and drive 0 obviously works.

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 040.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 045.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 047.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 048.jpg

Last edited:
Last up for now are some Atari 2600 carts (and systems if you want to push the issue.)

I don't have a list. I don't want to try. The picture below is low res, click Here for the full res version (about 3.5 MB.)

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 055.jpg

For the systems I have one genuine Atari, one Sears. Both work, but I only have one TV switchbox. I have some joysticks and paddles.

The Sears box is missing the reset switch.

Both are dusty (as are the carts) but would clean up well.

The carts themselves are mostly in fairly good shape with some losing the labels, etc.

No boxes, no instructions. These are being bought to play with, not display.

Let me know. . . :)

PLEASE NOTE: The Fairchild system has been claimed, but the Odessey is still up for grabs. Cheap! :D

Two more quick items:

First is a Fairchild Channel F game system with one cart, included controllers, etc. The plastic cover that goes over the top of the unit is missing.

I was unable to really test this because my TV doesn't have a channel 3. . .

Turning the system on did alter the video on channel 2, though, after I patched the video cord (seen in the image, upper right.)

Regardless, assume this system is non-functional.

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 056.jpg

Also an Odessey game system with two controllers, one game. Same issue as the other box so assume it's not working until you can prove otherwise.

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 060.jpg

As usual, make me an offer I can't refuse for one or both.

Last edited:
For those that don't know, a Kaypro 4/84 is:
Z80 4MHz
64KB RAM
(2) DS/DD floppy drives

this machine *CAN* use a an '84 TurboROM V3.4 (the one out on the net)
Can ALSO be converted to a Kaypro 10, as it has the bus (viewable in the pic)

This is the later motherboard, and has socketed RAM, so you can do the documented 256KB upgrade, and get the 64KB of RAM, and a 192kb RAMDisk.

the mainboard CAN be swapped into a K10 chassis, but will require a little carvig on the backside of the chassis, as there is one extra port (right-hand side as viewed from the front) that needs to slip through for it to mount properly.

T

Your Kaypro has Netherlands address!

Your Kaypro has Netherlands address!

Erik,

Did you notice it has this address?

I cannot track these down. Jorg responded from that area that it is close to his home.

I have a Kaypro 4, but 1983, also with this on it. Came thur a CT business company at Trenton Computer Fest in late 1980's - about $50 since it was in rough shape - someone was working on it but it worked.

Guy at website for selectric typewriters has one also but a different address in Netherlands - can't make it out - too blurry.

He feels that Kaypro was trying for the European market. Kaypro does list a European phone number on some of their literature. Their parent company was international.

All have 6 digit s/n.

All this may help your sale of it.

Several people have contacted me about 1984's, so they may be interested in the parts.

I am only into the 1983"s.

Good luck!

All the best. Keep up the good work on this site. Many appreciate it.

Frank

All of my later kaypros have both addresses on them.

Is that supposed to be a big deal?
My K4/84, K10/84, etc...

You would assume since they were trying to take over the world (!!!) that they would have the US and EURO addresses on the back.

T

Looks like only early first Kaypros may not have it

Looks like only early first Kaypros may not have it

All my 6 except 1 have only the one address and that one is a later versions.

May be that with both addresses, they are the later Kaypros after around 1983 - but Erik's is 1984.

Only other one with 2 addresses - but a different one in Netherlands is the guy at the selectric websit - but his picture is too fuzzy to make out more details.

Not a big deal. Just trying to learn more about what went on during that era.

Sharkonwheels - many thanks for all your great info on Kaypros. When my website involving Kaypros and other things I am interested in, is up I would like to refer people to you.

Frank

Next up is an Apple Mac SE.

The machine comes with the manual, a few disks, keyboard, mouse, two external drives (3.5 and 5.25) all of which fit into the Mac Bag it came with. It is very clean with little yellowing (the drives are worse) and works flawlessly.

Images below:

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 020.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 021.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 023.jpg

Resize of 0800302Outgoing 024.jpg

Did i hear someone say "ITX project" ????:p

I wouldn't do that, as that one is alive. I have a dead SE FDHD here at the house, and I can't determine whether to turn it into a MacQuarium, or give it a modern mobo and such...I'd want a COLOR screen though, but I could live with B&W.

--Ryan

Back