• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Items from rescue mission

Sharkonwheels - many thanks for all your great info on Kaypros. When my website involving Kaypros and other things I am interested in, is up I would like to refer people to you.

Frank

When I get back from Europe (3/20 - 4/3 or so) I am going to start working on my site. It will concentrate on non-S100 CP/M systems, mostly geared towards Kaypro, Orborne, Morrow, Otrona, Zorba, and the like. also, mostly towards the "portable" machines of the era.

There are plenty of S100 sites, plenty of Altair/Imsai/etc sites...

I will be putting up manuals, disk images, projects, something like a "help-line" section, etc...

I LOVE these old machines!

T
aka "Kayproman" ;)

Hmmm....noticed something else for ID'ing kaypros......

If you look at the picture of the back of the 4/84 that Erik put up, the brightness knob says 'brightness,' has that icon of the sun, and also has that little graphic increaing...

Now...ONLY my '84's have that, including the K10/84, but the 10/84 doesn't have an '84' sticker on it, none do as I recall.

Now, the 10/84 and 4/84 use the same motherboard, but the 4/84 has the modem jack aaaaalllllll the way to the left (as looked at from the rear) which the standard K10/84 did *NOT* have, as it did not have the modem or RTC, which the K4/84 has. the 10/84 has the space to install all the components though.

Looking at my K10/83, the brightness knob just says 'brightness' in a different, slightly larger font.

So, i would assume an '84 chassis to have those two additional icons around the brightness knob.

I wouldn't go by just that, though. Much like Chevy, Kaypro *LOVED* raiding the parts bins, which is why the tech manual is like 4 billion pages long. They used no less than 3-4 different floppy drives in the 10's, so if your floppy drive died in your 10, you could probably pop in one from a 4/84/2x, and it would *STILL* be period correct!!!

T

NOTE: The Amiga has hit eBay: 190207206644

Fully Functional Commodore Amiga 2000 Computer System

A very nice A2000 setup in great shape, ready to use!

The Commodore Amiga 2000 was an early Amiga system released by Commodore in 1987. It was technically similar to the Amiga 500 but offered more room for expansion.
Everything is in good but not great condition and the system is fully functional.
Per Wikipedia, the specifications for this machine are:
  • CPU: Motorola 68000> (7.16 MHz NTSC, 7.09 MHz PAL)
    • The CPU can be upgraded with CPU cards
  • Chipset: OCS (Original Chipset)
    • Audio (Paula):
      • 4 voices / 2 channels (Stereo)
      • 8-bit resolution / 6-bit volume
      • 28 kHz sampling rate
      • 70 dB S/N Ratio
    • Video (Common resolutions):
      • 320×200/256 with 32 colors, 64 colors in Halfbrite or 4096 in HAM-6>
      • 640×400/512i with 16 colors
    • Battery-backed clock
  • Memory:
    • 256 ROM for Kickstart code.
    • 512 KB (Max) / (1 MB Max) of Chip RAM.
    • 512 KB Fast RAM in MMU slot (in some Model As only) / Soldered on motherboard
      • Practical limit of 8 MB total Fast RAM memory without the use of a CPU expansion card, due to the 24-bit address bus.
  • Storage:
    • 3.5" DD Floppy drive, capacity 880 KB
    • SCSI Hard drive in A2000HD systems.
  • Input/Output connections:
    • Composite TV out (Black & White, not present on Model A)
    • Analogue RGB video plug (Male DB23)
    • RCA audio plugs
    • 2 x Game/Joy/Mouse ports (Male DE9)
    • Keyboard port (5 pin DIN)
    • RS232 Serial port (Male DB25)
    • Centronics Parallel port (Female DB25)
    • Port for external floppy drive (Female DB23)
  • Internal connectors:
    • 5 Zorro II slots (16-bit, AutoConfig)
    • 2 16-bit ISA slots (Inactive per default, only usable with a PC emulation bridgeboard or bus bridge installed)
    • 2 8-bit ISA slots (also inactive, some models could be fitted with extension edge connectors, upgrading these slots to 16 bits)
    • 1 32 Pin Internal floppy connector
    • 1 MMU / CPU Slot
    • 1 Genlock slot in Rev A models.
    • 1 video slot connector in model Bs for genlocks, flicker fixers, Video Toaster etc
  • Casing:
    • 200-205 Watt switching power supply
    • 2 3.5" drive bays for 3.5" floppy drives or other peripherals
    • 1 5.25" drive bay for 5.25" floppy drive or other peripherals
  • Software (Bundled):
    • AmigaOS 1.2 / 1.3 operation system.
    • Kickstart 1.2 / 1.3 (In ROM)
    • Voice synthesis library
system.jpg

Full system with 1084 monitor.
software.jpg

And a whole box full of software and docs.
manuals.jpg

Including the original manuals.
keyboardmouse.jpg

By way of full disclosure the keyboard is missing a keycap.
battcorr.jpg

And the motherboard battery has leaked a bit leaving some residue on the motherboard. Functionality hasn't been impacted and this should clean off nicely.
Below are various close ups of the software and system parts.
misc.jpg

photolab.jpg

workbench.jpg

trilogy.jpg

exellence.jpg

superbase.jpg

gizmoz.jpg

calligrapher.jpg

taurus.jpg

sq.jpg

inside.jpg

Last edited: