• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Compaticard IV

cookie_lu

I will grateful to someone willing to donate me the Compaticard IV. Otherwise, I am willing to pay for it.

Compaticard Wanted

Compaticard Wanted

I too am in the market for a Microsolutions Compaticard IV, however I may be interested in any model at this stage.

Name your price (reasonable) for a Compaticard IV and I may just buy it!

Clem

Compaticard IV

Compaticard IV

I have a compaticard IV- pulled from a PC working not too long ago. in really nice shape too. Last one I had went for about $180. Goin gon Ebay Feb 7 of someone here doesn't take it

Email me your offer. See attachment

Chris
chris_kaman@yahoo.com

Attachments

• EBay pics 1 29 08 010.jpg
    EBay pics 1 29 08 010.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 3
Compaticard IV found

Compaticard IV found

Going through the closet, I found a Compaticard IV. Don't know what it is (yet). Don't know if it works. Don't know why I have it. It is clean and in a static bag. If interested, email me.
<email deleted>

...and just that quick it's gone. This must be some special card, going by all the requests I received.

--
erojijii

Last edited:
I am looking for a Compaticard IV. If anyone finds one please let me know. Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

Partially, that is correct. It is just a internal and external floppy drive controller.

The Compaticard IV is unique in that it is probably the best of the floppy controllers. It has a BIOS to allow floppy drives, internal and external, to be configured on any ISA system. It allows 8" drives and supports probably the broadest range of floppy drive hardware of anything in existence.

People into data recovery of vintage computer systems value CCIV's for their usefulness.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

Compaticard Uniqueness

Compaticard Uniqueness

The Microsolutions Compaticard 4 Was The Best Floppy Controller Ever Made. It Will Run 4 Floppy Drives Internally Or 2 Internal And 2 External. ---- The Uniqueness Was That You Could Boot Off Of Any Of The Floppy Drives In The System. ---- I Once Was Running A 486 With Scsi Hardrive And A Compaticard 4 Floppy Controller. The Compaticard Allowed Me To Boot Off Of A, B, G, And H Drives. I Had 4 Floppy Drives A 1.44 B 1.2 G 360k H 720k Irq's Available Were 2.3.4.5.6.7 And Dma's 1,2,3 I Still Have My Card And Will Not Part With It Just In Case I Ever Need It For Some Reason

I hate to seem rude, but, could you not capitalize each word in your posts and break them into paragraphs?

It's just that they are much harder to read than they have to be and, therefore, some people may not read them.

Hi all, I am still working for Compaticard IV. Really need it for my little project. If anyone got 1 to giveaway or for sale, please email me at cookie(_)lu at hotmail.com
Remove the brackets on the above email address.

You're just going to have to be patient, and probably battle it out on eBay for one, unfortunately.

I wouldn't give mine up for even $500 - seriously. I kid you not. Anyone could PayPal me $500 right now for my CC4, and I'd refuse/decline/refund - it's worth THAT much to me!

There is NOTHING like a CC4, and probably never will be again!

T

I was wondering can a Catweasel card does what CC4 do? I believe Catweasel is more flexible card but it requires the software/drive to do what you want.

Hi,
The Catweasel is an amazing tool and can do incredible things but it is not for everyone.

What do you want it to do?

Thanks and good luck!

Andrew Lynch

Hi,
You don't need a Compaticard IV to do that. Dave Dunfield has a web page on how to do it here:

http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img/

It is the link named "Notes on connecting 8" and external floppy drives."

Any FDC with an external connector can do this. You can even make your own internal to external converter cable.

Seriously, getting a Compaticard IV is a fairly difficult and expensive proposition if you don't really need one.

Good luck with your project! Have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Can anyone please tell me where can i download latest Compaticard IV software and drivers?

Any FDC with an external connector can do this. You can even make your own internal to external converter cable.

Andrew, a lot of 8" disks use FM (and a few use MMFM, but that's another can of worms). Not all current legacy controllers can handle that. There are some cards that I prefer over the CC IV for some oddball formats, such as 128 byte-sector MFM (which the CC IV can't handle correctly).

As has been mentioned on other threads, some of the old PC AT SCSI cards with floppy controllers will also work as general-purpose floppy controllers, even if plugged into an 8-bit slot.

Also, don't overlook some of the other cards from the XT era, such as the Sysgen Omnibridge or the WD1002A-FOX.

Cookie_lu, I have the CC IV driver disk if you need it. We used to buy the CC IVs by the carton. I still have a batch of the manuals kicking around.

Back