• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello From Buffalo, NY :)

eXTended8088

Experienced Member
Hi all :)

I'm brand new to the forums and wanted to say Hiya to everyone. I have been playing with pooters since the late 80's. My first computer I ever owned was a TI 99/4A. I saved up cutting grass the whole summer for that one. On my way home from picking it up, I went over to local salvation army on a whim, and bought a Atari 800XL. I was hooked! The first x86 machine I ever owned was a 5150 XT. I found 2 of them on a curb complete with monitors back in like 1993. Well, to make a long story short, both were broken. I got a book on how to build -fix computers, along with some trusty tools, and low and behold.. I built one working machine out of the 2. I traded one of the CGA monitors in for a 2400 BPS modem, found a local BBS and found heaven. The rest was history... :)

I still collect machines to this day, albeit not as many as I once owned (Eighteen). most of the newer spare parts I gave away, and the older collectible stuff I either traded for other vintage stuff, or just gave it away/sold to a fellow collector I knew would take care of it.

My new "passion" is a GRiDCASE 1520 laptop I just picked up. It has less than 1 meg of ram total for the time being. After trying to install DOS 6.2 numerous times(kept locking up) I finally got it going. Maybe I will throw Windows 3.0 on it for the heck of it :)

I'm glad to be on here. I hope to talk to you all soon!

Chris :p

Greetings,

/wave_from_Syracuse

The 5150 was my first machine, I still have it and recently repaired/refurbished/upgraded it for frequent use.

Back