• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple I on fleaBay

Someone should send him these pictures:
bull%20shit%20CALLING.jpg

jamie%20disapproves.jpg

Not%20Fooling.jpg

Be interesting to see what happens now, this has turned into a bit of a soap opera :)

Hi
Finally ebay pulled the plug. Most of you guys missed his last
one. He put it back up and had some phony "computer expert"
claim it was a real Apple I. I would think there is now enough
evidence to start criminal fraud charges against him.
Dwight

Wow. Good sleuth work you guys. It's gonna be so difficult to get some of these older systems no adays because of these increasing issues. Atleast the replica's indicate they are such while still looking the same which is nice. (Thanks Grant and Andrew)

Actually, I don't think the original replicas stated that they were replicas and they added it to the artwork just because of this sort of thing.

Actually, I don't think the original replicas stated that they were replicas and they added it to the artwork just because of this sort of thing.

Hi
I know the cassette board had something like " Home Brew " on the far
corner. Scraped of in the sellers picture.
By the way. He is back without the phony email testimonials. It still has incorrect statements.
I have an email from him stating that he'd found out that it was the one purchased
on Jun 8 08 and had not been sitting around for years. Of course, it was part of
his auction story which we know to be made up as well.
At least he admits that it is a reproduction. This must have really hurt him to
say that much.
Dwight

I've been following this thread with interest.

Good work from the vintage computing community here. Someone could have been hugely ripped off if this scam hadn't been exposed.

Well done, you guys.

Tez

I know everyone's thoroughly sick of this topic, but for the sake of possible future victims who might find this thread via google, and in case anyone still has any doubt that maceffects (the buyer of the clone) and technologyrecycling (who tried to pass the clone off as an original) are the same person, take a look at the completed eBay auction #270242951555 by maceffects and the current #220247965088 by technologyrecycling. Look at the style of the auctions, and especially look at the pictures and tell me that's not the same house and trees in the background.

Geoff.

Who cares about the style of the auction, that's definately the same house, trees, and... little shed/whatever-it-is thing in the background.

Major LOL. When I go to sell my Apple I, I don't thing I will hype it that much!! Geez. Way overboard. Especially with everyone trying to figure out how to buy gasoline and still eat.

I saw the gas price yesterday $4.179.... Thought I was in Europe for a second.

that is pure insanity with those gas prices, yeah. i saw $3.999 for the first time ever. i've never seen it $4 before. wow.

apparently the guy with the Apple I thinks he has it all planned out on how to buy gas and eat for quite a while. :eek:

Back