• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

No or little cost: IBM PS/2 Model 50/50Z parts and options

Allen

Giving away parts and options from an IBM PS/2 Model 50Z. Some of the parts include a malfunctioning system board and Acculogic SIMMply-RAM expansion board. The planar with Intel 80286 processor does not work; when connected to a power supply, the power supply does not turn on, even though the power supply tests fine and turns on when not connected to the planar. Take it for your collection or for repair. The memory expansion board adds as much as 8 MB RAM to an IBM PS/2 models 50, 50Z, 60, 70, and 80. The board has eight slots for 30-pin SIMMs; slots are all occupied, but I do not know the amount of memory. The board with eight SIMMs, quick start guide, reference manual, and installation and program diskettes (one 5¼-inch and one 3½-inch) are included. To contact me, send me a private message.

Update: IBM PS/2 parts no longer available here. See the Vintage Computer and Gaming Marketplace for any available parts.

Last edited:
IBM parts..

IBM parts..

I'll take the complete motherboard. Can you fit it in a mailer box?
Let me know the shipping cost. (I don't need overnight service, just regular snail-mail will do.)
I am in ZIP code 60614, Chicago, IL.

BTW, I have an IBM 5150 and need an EGA color monitor for it. Got one? I mod-ed my PC from the awful GREEN SCREEN CGM.
I also need a RLL hard drive-preferably over 30MB,\.
Thanks,
John O'C.

Last edited:
argh i wish the whole thing was working i'd have totally bought it off you. we used to have a metric ****load of em back in the middle school i went too. the good ol' days... token ring, that weird IBM speech synthesizer dealy, logowriter in nice big pixelated MCGA mode. :biggrin:

oh well. i need to check this part of the forum more often.

Parts for IBM PS/2 Model 50z

Parts for IBM PS/2 Model 50z

Dear Allen,

I have a model 50z with a bad floppy drive. Am unable to copy any files
to move to another computer. I desperately need a replacement drive or
another computer which I can move the hard drive to. If you can help I would
be forever grateful.

Thanks, Waldo1

Hi Waldo,
I have some 3.5" floppy drives. Tell me what you have and I'll see if I have one that will be supported by your PC.
Where are you located? USA?

-John

I am looking for replacement for the original 3.5 floppy drive for my IBM PS2, Model 50Z. Part # stamped on the drive is PN15F7503. I am in Michigan, 48879.

Thanks for checking.
Waldo1

I have some 3.5" floppy drives that support double sided, double density disks.
Would one of these work for your IBM?
I don't have a drive with that part #.
What is the brand of your old drive?
-J.

Back