• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Is this worth the drive?

I'm not sure how much their worth overseas. I know here it's worth probably $15-25 but still doesn't sell sometimes, although I do occassionally see a system with a monitor, drive, and some games go for +$65.

Personally I wouldn't drive that distance for just 1 c64, but there are some systems I'd drive 12 hours or more to get that someone may not care about either. I've found even some systems 1.5 hours away are cheaper to ship than pay for the gas to get these days.

I have to agree, driving two hours for just a bare bones Commodore 64 wouldn't be worth it for me. I think paying to have it shipped would be cheaper than the gas money to go out there.

Now the Commodore VIC-20 deal could get kinda interesting. Depending on what all is with it, the drive out there "might" be worth it, and that would be based mainly on the cartridges. "Tons" of cartridges might only mean "five" or it might mean "thirty." You never know until you get more details -- some VIC-20 games are quite hard to come by. Heck, he/she might have a copy of Ultima: Escape from Mt. Drash on cassette floating around (ok not likely but you never know.)

Unless the Commodore 64 & VIC-20 are in short distance from each other, I'd only pursue the deal on the VIC-20 based on what the seller has with it.

Good luck!

I have to agree, driving two hours for just a bare bones Commodore 64 wouldn't be worth it for me. I think paying to have it shipped would be cheaper than the gas money to go out there.

Now the Commodore VIC-20 deal could get kinda interesting. Depending on what all is with it, the drive out there "might" be worth it, and that would be based mainly on the cartridges. "Tons" of cartridges might only mean "five" or it might mean "thirty." You never know until you get more details -- some VIC-20 games are quite hard to come by. Heck, he/she might have a copy of Ultima: Escape from Mt. Drash on cassette floating around (ok not likely but you never know.)

Unless the Commodore 64 & VIC-20 are in short distance from each other, I'd only pursue the deal on the VIC-20 based on what the seller has with it.

Good luck!

I sent the guy with the Vic-20 a message. I'll post what he has here when I get a reply.

The Commodore 64 was posted on June 4 anyway, so while the ad still is there, I wouldn't know if the computer still is.

As for VIC-20 game cartridges, if they're loose and of the common variety their value is about $1-3 each, perhaps up to $5 for the least common ones. Of course rarities rate higher, but that would be a plain bonus if you found goodies in a such package deal.

I found a better deal on the local freecycle for some older Tandies a 8088 and some other computer stuff. This is a mere 30 Min drive.

Back