• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

extended test of my DOS IRC server! :)

Hey mike, just got in and I'm looking at the contents of the Zip file above. can i make a suggestion? Is it possible for the MOTD.IRC file to become a .TXT file instead? it sure would be easier to edit it in Windows if that was the case.

I see what you're doing with the servs and stuff... I was kinda disappointed to not see chanserv or memoserv operational though.

When I get home tonight from my week-long excrusion up in NY I'm going to start work on the computer that'll be running this all. it is INDEED going to be the P200MMX Compaq Cinema PC (Which I still forget the actual model of) that I mentioned about on your forum page. Either that or I'll find something else to run it on.
I'll take a look around my city, there's usually one or two yard sales selling a computer around. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and find one I can mess with like that IBM PC "Convertible" I got for $5 which never ran because the floppy drives were dead. (Good waste of $5 I'll say, they go for a buncha money on Ebay.) --it was thrown out sometime later.

but anyway, good work, and I'll see what I can accomplish from this monster of a program :D

thanks, sorry i haven't been on lately and work on the ircd has slowed due to some personal stuff going on. don't worry it has not in any way been abandoned!

i'm probably going to get the chance to start working on it more tomorrow. that 200 mhz machine will be more than enough, let me know how it goes!

ONOZ Wallh4x

ONOZ Wallh4x

I decided not to use the P200 machine as a testing ground for it, it would take too much time to assemble the pieces. Instead I'm using my MS-DOS laptop, an NEC Versa 50 with a 486SL-33 and 3MB RAM. it seems to be working fine :D

Anyways, I wanted to know why whatever computer is running the server is always down and I can't log onto the server. are you using them for something else? or is it something other than that? :confused:

I decided not to use the P200 machine as a testing ground for it, it would take too much time to assemble the pieces. Instead I'm using my MS-DOS laptop, an NEC Versa 50 with a 486SL-33 and 3MB RAM. it seems to be working fine :D

Anyways, I wanted to know why whatever computer is running the server is always down and I can't log onto the server. are you using them for something else? or is it something other than that? :confused:

sorry, i actually moved over the past few days i need to update the IP for the retrobox.scieron.com hostname. that's good to know it's not locking up your machine. it must have just been something on my network that NTCPDRV doesn't like. i had a feeling that was the situation, as NTCPDRV would lock up sometimes before i even ran my program and sometimes while using software not written by me.

ok you should be able to get on my server now! retrobox.scieron.com is update to my new IP. if your DNS server doesn't know it yet, it is 24.171.24.247

also, i fixed some major problems in the code tonight! i will upload it shortly here and on my site. as far as i can tell, all the MODE stuff is working just fine now.

EDIT: i also changed CONF\MOTD.IRC to CONF\MOTD.TXT

Last edited:
Back