• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Today's haul

willowmoon93

Experienced Member
Today was a good day for me, got an Apple IIGS Woz Limited Edition w/both 3.5" & 5.25" drives, color monitor, Imagewriter II printer, a decent amount of software (including "Cutthroats" from Infocom!) for .... ta da .... FREE!

It was due to a FreeCycle posting so I drove out there right away (it's a little bit out of town, maybe about 40 mins away), picked her all up. Just needs a good cleaning, hopefully everything'll boot up fine.

And no, no Transwarp Accelerator card either (I checked).

Note to Atari enthusiasts, cause some of you collect the Atari computers as well as the Atari console stuff -- I found a Sears Video Arcade II at a thrift store for $5, it's basically a repackaged version of the Atari 2800 (the Japanese version of the Atari 2600), so that was another good deal.

Nice Haul!

Having had to toss out an acid-damaged donated IIGS, I'm now quite interested in those machines. They were the last of the II line.

Some good software titles too.

Tez

Digital camera is not working right, but I'll see if one of my friends has a digital camera I can borrow for a little bit and then I'll get some pics posted. The earliest would be on Monday -- I was thinking I should have taken some before & after pics cause everything was kinda dirty before. But yeah I'll manage to get some pics taken.

talk about coincidence btw.. i just got back from picking up an apple IIe minus monitor, plus *THREE BOXES* of software! (tons of games)

i also found it on freecycle. :)

As requested, here are some pics!

Here's a front pic of the IIGS Woz Signature Edition ....

P1010010.jpg

A close up of the "signature" area ...

P1010011.jpg

Sorry that the close up is a little too blurry ...

I remember reading somewhere that the first 10,000 units were the "limited edition" signature ones -- Wikipedia, however, says it's the first 50,000 units. But then again, it's Wikipedia, so you never know :p

But to me it's cool just because hey it's a freakin' GS. Don't see many of them out here at all in the area I live.

I think it was around the first 50K, so limited, and valuable, it ain't. I had at one time about 6 of those puppies, but they're virtually useless - smaller RAM amount (256K vs 1MB on ROM3 units), and older ROM versions (0 or 1).

I definitely wouldn't want one taking up space here :)

T

Back