• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FT: Commodore 128, 64 (free)

Anonymous Coward

Veteran Member
What I have:

-Commodore 64 Base Unit in excellent condition, in box w/ manuals & RF adapter
-Commodore 1541 Floppy drive (needs servicing) w/manual
-Commodore 128 Base Unit in excellent condition, plus an extra for parts
-C64 & C128 power brick, one serial cable for FDD
-Two quickshot joysticks

I thought I had extra cables for hooking up a graphics display, but I guess not. The C128 has an RBGI port that should work with a standard EGA monitor, as well as composite out.

I've had this commodore stuff for years just sitting in boxes. I really wanted to get into it but never had the time. I need the space, so it all has to go. If anyone expresses interest I can take a few photos.

What I want:

The only thing I'd like to get in return are a 1.2mb and 1.44mb floppy drive with black face plates for my 486. An 8087-1 would be nice too. If you don't have those, then I guess it's not a big deal and you can just take my stuff for free.

The items are in Missouri, 63005 USA.

Last edited:
What I have:

-Commodore 64 Base Unit in box
-Commodore 1541 Floppy drive (needs servicing)
-Commodore 128 Base Unit, plus an extra for parts
-All cables an power adapters, and manuals

I've had this commodore stuff for years just sitting in boxes. I really wanted to get into it but never had the time. I need the space, so it all has to go. If anyone expresses interest I can take a few photos.

What I want:

The only thing I'd like to get in return are a 1.2mb and 1.44mb floppy drive with black face plates for my 486. An 8087-1 would be nice too. If you don't have those, then I guess it's not a big deal and you can just take my stuff for free.

The items are in Missouri, 63005 USA.

i have floppy drives but none with a black face plate... beige or white. i live in st. louis if you're interested.

Hmm, I never knew you lived in China...cool! wmmullaney, I feel it necessary to tell you MI is Michigan...MO is Missouri.

Very nice stuff you've got. Sorry, I only have white and beige 1.2MB floppy drives, and only white or no-face 1.44MB drives. You could always paint a white on black if you cant find black!

--Jack

Mike, thanks for the offer, but cosmetics is what I'm really after here!

I live in China, but I'll be working in the US for the next year.
----------
I could probably come up with the drives (although all my black 3.5s *may* be 720K - I'd have to check) but as usual, shipping's the snag...

I do have to ask though: why do they have to be black, as long as they're both the same?

mike

I'm restoring a full tower chassis for my EISA 486 system, and I want to give it a really industrial look by using all black face plates. An added bonus to doing this is as the plastic ages is won't show the yellow.

The 5.25" drive is actually more critical as the 3.5" drives are somewhat common, it would just be nice to get both at the same time so shipping only has to be paid once.

Back