• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Memory card wanted

Amigaz

Experienced Member
I know this may be a long shot...
Does anyone have a memory card that fits in the special memory slot at the bottom of this motherboard and is willing to sell it to me? *pretty, please?* :)

Are you sure that's a memory slot? Didn't some full length ISA or EISA cards utilize that? The motherboard looks like normally it just takes regular 30 pin SIMMs.

Can you ID the board more specifically?

--T

As you can see the only ID the board has is some serial numbers and "386-33" + the version and revision numbers but no model code whatsoever, can't find it on Total Hardware '99 or similar sites either.
Gotta love this era when everything was "no name", I guess computer consumers back then didn't know better so they couldn't demand any quality from the manafacturers either :(

I think the bios post has some more info...I'll look into it tomorrow and report back here

Last edited:
Are you sure that's a memory slot? Didn't some full length ISA or EISA cards utilize that? The motherboard looks like normally it just takes regular 30 pin SIMMs.

Yep, I'm quite positive.

There's no expansion card except a memory card that uses such a slot.

The board simm slots only take 4meg total RAM which would be a very tiny ammount of RAM for this period (1989-90)

I had a similar board, with the memory card (I can't find the thread right now) and I think that it was Nige that posted me a 386 CPU for it, but, the MoBo was toast.

However, my MB didn't have any on-board memory at all, but, the power connector placement was the same, which is in an unusual spot.

I don't know if I tossed it or not, but, I'll look around over the next couple of days to see.

Unfortunately, it's my experience with similar boards, it's usually an either/or situation. I've never seen one that allowed the use of the onboard RAM along with the slot, as both are addressed as bank 0/1 (The advantage being that the proprietary slot/board is faster, being 32-bit). Of course, YMMV.

--T

I had a similar board, with the memory card (I can't find the thread right now) and I think that it was Nige that posted me a 386 CPU for it, but, the MoBo was toast.

However, my MB didn't have any on-board memory at all, but, the power connector placement was the same, which is in an unusual spot.

I don't know if I tossed it or not, but, I'll look around over the next couple of days to see.

A Micronics 386, perhaps? I've got one of those--6MB on a memory card with a second board piggybacked on it.

The expansion slot in question could be any number of several--DTK, for example (which this boards looks a lot like), but there were many others. ISTR that such early cards were peculiar to each manufacturer.

I really appreciate your effort and hope you find that board ;)

A Micronics 386, perhaps? I've got one of those--6MB on a memory card with a second board piggybacked on it.

The expansion slot in question could be any number of several--DTK, for example (which this boards looks a lot like), but there were many others. ISTR that such early cards were peculiar to each manufacturer.

Which I knew who manafactured my board..

So you think your board will fit?
Any chance you can part with it? I mean if you don't use it?

Which I knew who manafactured my board..

So you think your board will fit?
Any chance you can part with it? I mean if you don't use it?

No, my Micronics uses a different (smaller) connector near the rear bulkhead. Besides, it's the only memory on my 386--there are no memory positions on the motherboard (this is an old 386--no custom LSI. Just TTL glue and PALs).

Back