• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Everex EGA card (March 30 1988)

Arkhan

Who am I kidding, that PCXT is never going to sell. Too heavy to ship!

The video card I put in it is an Everex EGA card. The package came shrink wrapped, and was only opened to put the card in the PC. This PC was on long enough to take pictures of bootup....

so Id say its practically new... and comes with the box, manual (which is hole punched for binder insertion), and all of the original stuff it should have.

The date on the labels is March 30th 1988. Its a day older than me!

Make me some sort of offer on it.

The package will fit in a flat rate envelope or box USPS For 4.80 + insurance and delivery confirmation to US. So somewhere under 10$ for sure.

I will ship internationally also. No problem.

:) Please ask questions, although I am sure you guys know more about this card than I do.

dancethetango50@yahoo.com

thanks , as always :)

I don't need the vid card, but if you're parting out an XT, I may need a mainboard.

--T

No problemo!

Just say the word.

Im not really partin the XT out though... I still could put the hercules monochrome card back in...

but, yes, if you want this mainboard or any other parts that dont weigh 98902349 lbs, I'll sell em :-D

No problemo!

Just say the word.

Im not really partin the XT out though... I still could put the hercules monochrome card back in...

but, yes, if you want this mainboard or any other parts that dont weigh 98902349 lbs, I'll sell em :-D

What other parts do you got? I'm seeking for a true IBM CGA card, an IBM 64-256Kb RAM card, an IBM Async adapter, and some kind of early soundblaster that will work in my XT. If that EGA can run a 5151 monocrome monitor, I'm a little interested in that too.

I discovered yesterday that my 5155 is not working properly, but haven't checked it out yet. I did jack-in another kbd, and still no joy, so a failed mb is quite likely.

--T

What other parts do you got? I'm seeking for a true IBM CGA card, an IBM 64-256Kb RAM card, an IBM Async adapter, and some kind of early soundblaster that will work in my XT. If that EGA can run a 5151 monocrome monitor, I'm a little interested in that too.

The EGA card works with my IBM CGA monitor (Also for sale!)... It has dip switches that enable you to have the card operate on everything before and up to EGA (monochrome included)

Also, I lied, its from 3/24/1988 , not 3/30/1988 !

AND, the faster someone buys it, the faster they get to savor 20.5 year old "fresh electronics" smell. :-D It still has that going on. :)

I really do not have any other parts aside from the EGA card, the PCXT w/ stock Hercules adapter, .... and.. .well that is all....

(But I have a few boxed Atari IBM PC games, the boxes are a smashed down but other than that, good to go.)

I discovered yesterday that my 5155 is not working properly, but haven't checked it out yet. I did jack-in another kbd, and still no joy, so a failed mb is quite likely.

--T

If that is the case I have this one in this XT that I was trying to sell. Seems that parting it out is a better route (that sucker is too heavy for shipping).

The EGA card works with my IBM CGA monitor (Also for sale!)... It has dip switches that enable you to have the card operate on everything before and up to EGA (monochrome included)

Also, I lied, its from 3/24/1988 , not 3/30/1988 !

AND, the faster someone buys it, the faster they get to savor 20.5 year old "fresh electronics" smell. :-D It still has that going on. :)

I really do not have any other parts aside from the EGA card, the PCXT w/ stock Hercules adapter, .... and.. .well that is all....

(But I have a few boxed Atari IBM PC games, the boxes are a smashed down but other than that, good to go.)

Splendid. Since you live in the US, I suspect the CGA does not support the 240V @ 50Hz Europeian standards, so I'll let that go. How much do you want for that Hercules and EGA card (when the International shipping cost are included)? do you get both of them in the envelope without bending any pins/jumpers/capacitors/transistors/etc...?

Last edited:
I know, but 1; I don't have any 240V to 120V transformer, and 2; I don't really want to pay like 100$ to get it shipped overseas.

*Edit*
Where did your post go, Terry?

Last edited:
I know, but 1; I don't have any 240V to 120V transformer, and 2; I don't really want to pay like 100$ to get it shipped overseas.

*Edit*
Where did your post go, Terry?

Ummn, I misunderstood your post, and answered a question that hadn't been asked...<smacking forehead>...DOH!

--T

Splendid. Since you live in the US, I suspect the CGA does not support the 240V @ 50Hz Europeian standards, so I'll let that go. How much do you want for that Hercules and EGA card (when the International shipping cost are included)? do you get both of them in the envelope without bending any pins/jumpers/capacitors/transistors/etc...?

Well the Everex EGA card is still boxed so no worries there about bending stuff.

The Hercules card is about 12 feet long :)D)so I will take precautions in packaging it. but, it should fit in the envelope also. Bubblewrapped even. Too bad I cant fit it in the Everex box. I MIGHT have a box it fits in, and then both will be able to get into the envelope...

so to norway it will be able to get to you via 11.95 flat rate enveloping.

There is no insurance for those flat rate envelopes though. So if you want that too , let me know

Well the Everex EGA card is still boxed so no worries there about bending stuff.

The Hercules card is about 12 feet long :)D)so I will take precautions in packaging it. but, it should fit in the envelope also. Bubblewrapped even. Too bad I cant fit it in the Everex box. I MIGHT have a box it fits in, and then both will be able to get into the envelope...

so to norway it will be able to get to you via 11.95 flat rate enveloping.

There is no insurance for those flat rate envelopes though. So if you want that too , let me know

Surely. I'll contact you by mail for the rest.

That'd be the Everex Micro-Enhancer, right?

Not a bad little card--it supports mode 18 (640x480 graphics) which is pretty cool for an EGA card, plus lots of other Everex-peculiar modes.

One of the tightest through-hole layout PCBs that I've ever seen--there's another IC actually hidden underneath the EPROM on that board!

I've got two of them myself.

It happens that I decided to not buy the cards, so if anybody else wanted to buy them, feel free to do.

Yes. They are still up for grabs then... the Everex Micro Enhancer + Hercules card

Maybe 30$ for both is asking too much?

Back