• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello From South America

Kaypro

Experienced Member
Hola to everyone here. I joined a little while ago, on the recommendation of a friend of mine who's also a member here, and I'm already enjoying it.

I'm currently residing in Cuenca, Ecuador (in South America). I'm originally from Saskatchewan, Canada though. Sadly, my Collection is still in Canada (safely stored), which can make it tough when reading this site (It makes me want to go try stuff with equipment that's 5000 miles away). I'm returning to Canada soon though, so it's just a waiting game now.

I've been collecting for about 3 1/2 years now, and collect essentially everything I can lay my hands on (it's hard to find Anything in Saskatchewan, so whatever you do find you keep). However, my main areas on interest are CP/M machines, particularly Kaypro's, as well as Apple hardware (][ and 68k Macintosh related). I do have many other types of equipment though.

I currently do not work (I don't possess a work Visa), but rather do some Volunteer work now and then.

Welcome Kaypro!

Welcome Kaypro!

You sure get around the hemisphere. Saskatchewan to Equador!
Maybe you'll find some vintage machine there to take back with you to Canada :)

Welcome.

So that explains the Sask driving experiences. I don't blame you for jumping ship right now. I've had 10 degrees C here by my computer all day until I just plugged in a heater. My huge wood stove is pumping like mad and the house is still cold. Even though I'm in Southern BC, right now it's minus 19 outside and dropping fast. Enjoy your travels!

Welcome aboard!

I hope you can reunite with your collection soon! :)

Cheers!

I'm traveling to Brazil in January, so I hope to find something there. An MSX clone perhaps?
Oooh, that's Sega/TecToy country, be sure to get a few interesting game console clones to take back with you!

This really is a great place, with great people. Glad you found us!

Nathan

There are some interesting South American variants found no where else. Maybe you'll find something to bring back to Canada. I would expect, if you were in the right place, to find Argentinian Commodore's, Apple II clones, TRS 80 clones, etc.

Back