• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

HyperStudio serial issues

NeXT

Veteran Member
With my IIgs bundle I bought a year ago (a woz edition IIgs with 4Mb ram card and 20Mb vulcan drive, the apple RGB monitor, 5 1/4" and 3 1/2" foppy drives and a box of floppies as well as the original cables, keyboard and mouse) was a copy of HyperStudio. The problem is that with the exception of a piece of blank cardboard I got not documentation with this system at all and in order for me to use HyperStudio I need a serial number which was actually surprising as this is the oldest thing I have ever seen that needed a serial. Is it a no-no to ask someone to pm me their serial?

Re: Hyperstudio serial issues

Re: Hyperstudio serial issues

With my IIgs bundle I bought a year ago (a woz edition IIgs with 4Mb ram card and 20Mb vulcan drive, the apple RGB monitor, 5 1/4" and 3 1/2" foppy drives and a box of floppies as well as the original cables, keyboard and mouse) was a copy of HyperStudio. The problem is that with the exception of a piece of blank cardboard I got not documentation with this system at all and in order for me to use HyperStudio I need a serial number which was actually surprising as this is the oldest thing I have ever seen that needed a serial. Is it a no-no to ask someone to pm me their serial?

Follow this link:

http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/hyperstudio-3-1

and you can download a copy of Hyperstudio that has both version 2.0 and 3.1 in the zip file. In the folder for 3.1 you'll find a serial number you can try with your copy of Hyperstudio and see if it works.

Dean

The problem is that I don't currently have access to a system that I can download files to. My pc packed it in the other day (and my networked mac a few weeks earlier) and since then I have been living with my PS3 as my gateway to the internet. I'm sorry if it's a bother but could you at least PM it to me? my IIgs is on the floor in front of my TV.

Thanks. Glad I was able to help. I'd be interested in seeing what you eventually do with Hyperstudio, now that I've got the copy I downloaded.

I think I might have the documentation, since I use to own a copy 20 years ago (the disks got tossed when I tossed my GS 5 years ago, but that's another story)(I've got another GS now, along with a IIc).

Dean

Since HyperStudio has support for Laserdiscs and the Apple II overlay card I want to try and recreate the kiosk that my Apple-branded laserdisc was apparently once installed in. The hard part will be finding both the compatible player (the Pioneer 2000 or the 4200) and the overlay card.

Back