• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Iomega Jaz

kb2syd

Veteran Member
Does anyone have the DOS tools disk for the Jaz 2GB? How about any ideas on how to reformat one that has been formatted for use in a non-dos environment (akai da-8)? I have a bunch that I'd like to use on my Windows 3.1 machine.

Failing that, does anyone have a functioning 2GB Jaz unit that they could bring up in linux and do a DD dump of so I can see if this will re-write the MBR? I can format the disk, but at the end it errors out because it can't find the partition table.

Thanks,
Kelly

Which interface do you use? If it's SCSI, you can treat the drive like an ordinary hard drive and use something like the Adaptec EZ-SCSI software to partition and format the disk.

Failing that, I do have the tools disk (don't recall if it's the 1 or 2 GB, though).

If you don't mind using Windows, the tools are also available from the Iomega ftp site:

ftp://download.iomega.com/english.public

Running the large ioware binaries still result in a request for the tools disk. Is it possible for you to zip up the contents of a tools directory and send it along?

llf

llf

If it's SCSI, have you tried low-level fornmatting it with th controller ?
That'll clean it up, and then, if you have NT, XP or linux, you can use the tools that ship with them to create a FAT16 partition.
patscc

Back