• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Interesting Spam

Jimka Hood

In order to give Wanted items a bit more of an audience and in order to help advertise these forums I will be (and already have) submitting prominent listings for mention in the Computer Collector E-Mail Newsletter.

If you would prefer that your ad not be mentioned in this way, please include that in your listing.

Thanks!

Erik
Dear Mr Eric...my first expiriance with computer was when i was young...my father bought me a unique computer Commodore Pc.This computer work with dos Mode 3.0 by commodore...this antimatirial base letters electrons where able to constract any form of mattirial with your help all you have to do is to describe what you really want and executed it as a file...for me now has pleanty of use because i believe microsoft stole this dos programme from commodore claimed to be theirs and we have the picture of 2009 Bills company everything is working under dos without appearing on the computer
My father now has passed from Life in Jesus to Life in Grave but can still have rights to the very and one computer he bought for me and for my brother...But was the only thing to say that luck helped us because....anyway the story is very big and the point is that i can make whatever matirial i want from antimatireal to matter with the fair and only computer i bought then or should i say my father boughted then...as for me i have made i fine mathematical beeing two of them a wolf and a tommahok...both of them olve to live and breathe mostlty...as i say the story is so big...
thank you for the site...i dont know much about computers but i can handle it out fair and squere...all i do with the internet is to correct Kremlin web page in English because the Russians dont use passive voice or the three conditionals and they dont use the phrasal verbs properly...
ps...this version of dos i have is handy when i shall pass to life in grave

Babelfish vs Scientology?

Babelfish vs Scientology?

???...:confused:...???

Normally, I would summarily delete this gibberish, as it appears to be a setup for mucho spammage, but it's too rich not to share.

--T:(

Last edited:
Say What?

Say What?

Could be a short circuit, or a wire crossed, but definitely the babbleocity is close to 100%.

I see that kind of thing almost daily! Apparently, the spam program screws up and picks up chunks of memory to be included in the HTML. I get parts of books, blogs, other stuff that I have no clue on. Some spammer are clueless. They send me emails saying my paypal account has been restricted. Only problem is the html is TOTALLY MALFORMED and does render properly in the email client. I end up with the raw html in my face, including all those RUSSIAN OR ROMANIAN url buried under those innocent looking links.

He must be using the same computer that Anthony Michael Hall used in "Weird Science". I wonder if he wore a bra on his head and described Kelly LeBrock that his computer could create her? :D I'd rather have her than either a wolf or a tomahawk!

Perhaps a moderator could split this nonsense topic and the following discussion to off-topic or humor? While the message has a few .. interesting points worth a better destiny than to be forever removed, it doesn't belong here.

As to the off-topic, I'm most intrigued whom on Commodore Business Machines wrote this marvellous software, or if it is a hardware item. Furthermore, that someone must not have shown the CBM management whichever they were at the time (the Goulds?) this veritable gold mine to have a computer materialize anything you'd tell it. Add that feature to the Amiga, and nobody would have thought of it as a cheap games computer anymore. Finally the old slogan "Amiga makes it possible!" would have made sense. However I'm concerned about potential bugs, like if you actually asked for Kelly LeBrock and got a ferocious wolf instead. It could be potentially fatal to the customer base, irregardless their faith in particular religions.

This absolutely must not be deleted!
Did someone port Babelfish to the Vic 20?
I've read the post 3 times, and it's left me crying with laughter each time. Sometime somebody will stumble upon this post & it'll have the same effect.
I hope that the original poster doesn't get upset by our comments so... "Please post again!"

passive voice.

passive voice.

Я не думаю так.
Где продаются компьютеры?

Russian most certainly has a passive voice construction.

Perhaps OP typed this on tezza's PET before he fixed it.
patscc

Split from the original thread so the conversation may continue.

-V

EDIT: The IP address for that post traces back to Athens Greece, not a place I usually associate with spam.

Hmmm... DOS will be handy in the afterlife? Has BillG made an OEM deal with the devil to make DOS the exclusive OS in hell? I would have thought he'd dump his unsold copies of Vista there instead...

I've got a few diskette sets here for folks wanting to be buried with them just in case; I imagine BG has also arranged some pretty nasty torments for pirates so you'd better bring legit copies...

A quick net search and it looks like Jimka Hood is Greek. My guess is that he used babblefish or some such translator. Anyway, I hope Jimka isn't put off by some of the comments here - although there might be a language barrier for much future communication.
... this version of dos i have is handy when i shall pass to life in grave
That makes sense to me. It means DOS just keeps on going ie. "lasts forever".
I agree!

Yea, that's what I thought when I read it. It's a posting from someone not familiar with English who has used a translator like Bablefish.

Those translators are ok for a few short sentences but they can certainly twist the meanings with more substantial prose.

Tez

They put the poor guy's ma on trial. The antimatrial is when they reverse the decision on appeal.

--T

(Hey, triple-eights, Chuck. You gonna play the number today?)

(Hey, triple-eights, Chuck. You gonna play the number today?)

Naw, "666" is more my number. :)

I wonder if the OP was real--I find the same handle on a couple of Hollywood-type fan sites and his postings make about as much sense.

Maybe he's a Russian ex-pat living in Greece. But, as Pat mentioned, Russian does have a passive voice, but, like the French, they don't like to use it much.

Or maybe I'm just too gullible...

I too did a bit of a google and following Mr. Hood led me to a great site where he had been. A Russian aeronautical museum at night. The comment was:
I love airplanes…i suppose those are photos from a game…those photoes are quite playfull…i guess they are real as toy say soy soy real…as i was saying i love airoplanes…the wind blows and spreads all the youth and the pride by the name stands the Knight….alo Lola…Glory to my queen Natassa…
Apparently he didn't quite understand.

I am happy to have found this site. It has fantastic anthropological photo stories and includes such things as Russian mice and computers. I've already spent several hours on this site. :)

I do hope Mr. Hood makes his way back here though.

Has BillG made an OEM deal with the devil to make DOS the exclusive OS in hell?

..can't make funny comment yet.. I'm re-reading all my EULAs..

I do wonder if he used babelfish or maybe some other translator for parts of the message and not others but yeah it's a mystery.

I almost would have posted things in babelfish until a friend and I translated some stuff and took that output and translated it back to english. A lot of it translated very poorly. It's obvious the program and application has a lot of work needing to be done.

(last paragraph english->greek->english on babelfish.altavista.com)
Almost I would have placed the things in a babelfish up to friend and I translated some substance and I took that production and I behind translated him in the English. A lot it translated very badly. It'? the s obvious program and the application have a lot of work that should it becomes.

Back