• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

arcade components

hexsane

Experienced Member
If you need a part to repair a system try here.

Not cheap by my standards :) But they seem to be carrying many of the custom chips for Apple, TRS-80, CBM, etc and some of the older drams that are becoming harder to find these days.

http://www.arcadecomponents.com/index.html

*Not affiliated with them in any way (actually I wish I would have thought of the idea years ago myself).

-Matt

Thanks Matt!

That's my site. :D

I started it over 3 1/2 years ago after trying to find some odd SRAM ICs to fix an old Pole Position arcade game. I couldn't find them easily and when I finally did I thought that others would probably have just as hard of a time finding those old chips as I did so I started a business of selling those old, hard to find chips.

I've expanded into doing repairs on arcade games, old game consoles, and old computers. I've also expanded into various kits such as cap kits for Neo Geo MVS boards and Colecovision A/V mod kits. I'm in the process of adding hard to find monitor cap kits too such as the Hitachi 29" for the Neo Geo cabs.

What I won't carry: monitor cap kits that everyone else under the sun sells... or arcade sticks/buttons, etc. I'm looking for the niche items that are unique.

I've sold things out of my boneyard to members here. I'm happy that they've had patience with me since the day job and the web site sales have most of my attention. (To add to that, there was a reorg at the day job and I'm now ramping up on new products to support!)

RJ

This is really interesting...

I've just been looking at your ICs page, and it looks like you have almost every component we need for our 8bit IDE controller project, and the prices are fantastic. (disclaimer, I'm not a hardware guy, so I may be wrong about you having lots of the parts we need)

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?t=12359&page=1

Can you/would you help us in the sourcing of the components we'd need to build our run of cards? I'm thinking that I'm going to build 100 units, so it could be a big order for you, but I'd much rather send money to someone here among us than do some faceless corporation.

Could I get you in touch with our hardware guy to sort out the specific parts we'd need?

thanks!

Hmmm...

2 8pos DIP Switch
1 74LS04
1 74LS32
1 74LS138
1 74LS573
2 74LS688
1 28C64 EEPROM

I know I have a LOT of the 688s. I'll have to check on the 573s though. The rest I'll have but would have to check to see if I can do 100 sets of everything. I know I don't have that many 8pos DIP switches so I'd have to order some of those.

I know I have a LOT of the 688s, it's just a matter of checking to see if I have more than 200 of them. I think I do though.

I'd have to order the 28C64s...

That's one I haven't heard in a long time. I don't have any of those.

If it wasn't for the crazy travel restrictions at the day job, I'd look out in the SF Bay Area. Right now I have no idea when I'm going to get out to Silicon Valley again.

Hmmm...

2 8pos DIP Switch
1 74LS04
1 74LS32
1 74LS138
1 74LS573
2 74LS688
1 28C64 EEPROM

I know I have a LOT of the 688s. I'll have to check on the 573s though. The rest I'll have but would have to check to see if I can do 100 sets of everything. I know I don't have that many 8pos DIP switches so I'd have to order some of those.

I know I have a LOT of the 688s, it's just a matter of checking to see if I have more than 200 of them. I think I do though.

I'd have to order the 28C64s...

Hi RJ,

I think we're ready to do a small order of 5 kits to do the next stage in protoyping, did you happen to find the other parts we need? (dip switches)

I need to order some brackets from mouser.com, so I can easily order the flash parts from there too and anything else we may need, so let me know, and I'll do the mouser order after I order from you.

thanks!

Back