• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cool vintage computers. (warning, pics)

TandyMan100

Veteran Member
In your opinion, what are the coolest looking vintage computers?
dynabyte.jpg

dynabyte-back.jpg

THat's a lot of ports on the back. Does anyone know where I can get one of these? I just like the curves, and the slew of ports on the back. What are all of those?

olivettim10.jpg

The olivetti M-10, sister of the Model 100. Coolest looking laptop in the world.

adam.jpg

I like the slightly curved looks, and keyboard, and the dual minitape deks.

ace2100.jpg

ace2200-sys.jpg

This is a very agressive looking computer in my opinion. Very cool.

kaypro2000.jpg

kaypro2000-open.jpg

Right up there by the M-10. the kaypro 2000. Sweet.
linus-open.jpg

Cool looking. Looks kinda like something that belongs in a hospital.
c128d.jpg

I dunno, I just have a thing for small desktops.

I would like to buy these, if anyone knows where I can find the various models listed here. Post pics of your coolest-looking vintage computers!

Those Coleco Adams were really cool units, but most of them were full of bugs.... and really BAD ones. The high speed tape drives were neat to watch, but heaven forbid a tape get jammed up in it because it would fry one of the motors. I replaced LOTS of dead motors in those drives.

I think I'm a sucker for the all-in-one case designs, and anything that isn't white or beige.

I always loved the way the TRS-80 Model III looked, and I'd still like to eventually get one, but I've never seen one in real life.

modIII.gif

I always loved how these looked and I actually had one at one point. Unfortunately, I got rid of it because I found my C-64 more fun and useful.

commodore_cbm-8032_1.jpg

The Osbourne Executive looks neat

X2401-2002.lg.jpg

Any Apple Macintosh is a winner with me (I own a few of these neat little things):

Apple_Macintosh_128_Alone.jpg

Top of the list in my favorite computers is my Cube.
P1010889.jpg

Everything else comes close.
P7181907.jpg

Fun_for_the_whole_family_by_CelGen.jpg

Pity though that I don't have a lot of other systems from the 80's. Most of my boxes are MIPS, 68K, or SPARC.

EDIT: Oh, and the GRiDCase 1520
P1010077.jpg

I think I'm a sucker for the all-in-one case designs, and anything that isn't white or beige.

(examples of cool designs...)

Me too. Those computers you showed or similar models to them are among my favourites.

This compaq SLT/286 would have to be up there also

compaq_slt.jpg

Tez

I have one of those Dynabytes, with wooden lid. It is pretty neat. Not sure what to do with it, got it from a friend who had four of them :)

Well, my favorite is of course the table-top straight-8

pdp8closed.gif

I got to see the rack mount version in the flesh just this weekend :D

Back