• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Good Free PC SPeaker sound program

FastTracker and FastTracker 2 are tracker-like programs that require a 386 or higher to mix multiple samples into the output stream. Not sure if that's what the original poster wanted.

Arpeggiating-style programs include MONOTONE (already mentioned) and Pianoman.

If the original poster wanted a true 3-voice routine, there are programs out there that can do that (you can find many inside ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/misc/xtfiles.rar ) but the entire machine is locked up while the sound plays due to the manual pulsing of the speaker.

I used to use a program called "Icon Hear It" under Win 3.1. It outputs soundblaster noise on the PC speaker. Not too bad in a pinch.

--T
Could you post a download link? That sounds like about what I'm looking for. I could have that running in the background, and a media player in the foreground, and the bleeps and blips will come out the PC beeper?

All I found is the 95 & 98 versions, but they don't appear to be shareware programs. There's contact info, mebbe they can still hook ya up with the 3.1 version. (IIRC, it was like, $30.00 shareware, so even if ya have to pay for it, it ain't a bad deal for what is does). If you find a (legal) d/l for it, lemme know, I'd like to grab another copy too. Got a few laptops without sound here that could benefit from it.

http://www.moonvalley.com/services/products.htm

--T

Could you post a download link? That sounds like about what I'm looking for. I could have that running in the background, and a media player in the foreground, and the bleeps and blips will come out the PC beeper?

No, you couldn't do that.

We need more information to help you. What is the hardware you want to run this on? What operating system does it run? What kind of quality music are you looking for (simple beeps, complex beeps, or digitized sound)?

Back