• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

tandy 2000 colour ega monitor?

harry

Experienced Member
Finding a tandy cm-1 monitor and getting it to the uk, was always going to be costly, is there anyone who has used an alternative monitor successfully? I know the sync rate is very low compared to most monitors, and it seems few other monitors are compatible, .........harry

tandy 2000 monitor?

tandy 2000 monitor?

many thanks for info, at least I have some options, just not easy to find ,
the previous owner said he dumped the original monitor many years ago! anyone
completed their " flux capacitor " yet? ..... harry

Also, the very early Sun, Daisy and Apollo workstation monitors (with BNC inputs) can be coaxed to sync with EGA, but they require that you massage the signals a bit to accommodate opposite polarity or sync-on-green inputs.

I used an EGA with a Diasy fixed-frequency monitor for several years.

There may also be some scan converters that can handle EGA, translating to VGA outputs.

tandy 2000 monitor?

tandy 2000 monitor?

Its nice to know there is someone who has knowlegde of these things, I have limited info, and very little understanding of monitors and compatibilty, If I can locate something, maybe I can look forward to some help in getting things sorted , great stuff ....harry

I'm pretty sure that the CM-1 wasn't a "standard" EGA monitor and was synced at a slightly different frequency than most EGAs (thank you all the proprietary systems of the time) and the "drift range" might not be wide enough to lock it in.

I could be wrong about that, but, If I am, I'm sure someone will correct me. :)

26.4 KHz, Dru. Well within the sync range of any early "multisync" type monitor.

For a "Swiss Army Knife" monitor for the collector, it's hard to beat a Mitsubishi Diamond scan unit. I suspect that mine will be the last of my glass monitors to hit the recycling pile.

Good to know. I'll have to try my T2K on the Taxan MultiVision 770 Plus I have and see if it works (as soon as I fix the T2K, of course).

So much to fix, so little time to fix it.

Also, the very early Sun, Daisy and Apollo workstation monitors (with BNC inputs) can be coaxed to sync with EGA, but they require that you massage the signals a bit to accommodate opposite polarity or sync-on-green inputs.

I used an EGA with a Diasy fixed-frequency monitor for several years.

There may also be some scan converters that can handle EGA, translating to VGA outputs.

As long as those monitors accepted digital inputs (TTL or RGBI). Otherwise it's a no-go.

Its nice to know there is someone who has knowlegde of these things, I have limited info, and very little understanding of monitors and compatibilty, If I can locate something, maybe I can look forward to some help in getting things sorted , great stuff ....harry

The Research Machines Nimbus PC-1 used the exact same Mitsubishi monitors. You might be able to rustle one of them up on your side of the pond.

Back