• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hey From Leicestershire

sharman2k

Hey,

Found this forum whilst searching around for a solution to a Mac problem ... and here I am :grin:

I mainly collected Apple Hardware (from Apple II to Beige G3 and anywhere in between) with a side-on interest in Acorn, BBC, Amiga and Sinclair

Currently own:

Acorn A3000
Acorn A3020
BBC Master
Sinclair ZX81 (Boxed)
Commodore 64 (Boxed)
Amiga 500 (New Boxed)
Apple Macintosh 128K
Apple Macintosh SE/30 - see madness! :angry:
Apple Macintosh Classic
Apple Macintosh Classic II
Apple Macintosh Colour Classic
Apple LC / LCII / LCIII / 475
Apple Performa 475 - Okay, much the same I agree :rolleyes:
Apple Macintosh Quadra 700
Apple IIcx

Along with an assortment of older hardware, stuff, bits, oddities and other such related items.

Very much enjoy restoration projects; returning these little beasts to their original glory after years of being unloved. I have enjoyed a good deal of success with Merlin's Retr0Bright De-Yellowing formula and hope to share such experience.

Hoping to learn a little, help where I can and generally just discuss what I hope to be an expanding collection.

Jon

Welcome!

Despite my reported location, I actually grew up just down the road from Loughborough. I wonder if you've lived there long enough to remember the now long-gone computer shops like KC's and was it Loughborough Games on The Rushes?

Nice collection you have going there. I'm not much of an Apple guy (although I do have a IIe on the dining table right now) but the rest are all very familiar! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,

Welcome to the board :) Nice sample of early Macintosh there. Acorn's I never really got to see, they seem like interesting systems as well.

You're kind of growing a historical multimedia collection heh.

- John

Welcome aboard!

Glad to hear yet another Retrobright success story! I've gotta get some space to get on that bandwagon myself. :)

Cheers!

Hi there from Luton, we're nearly close enough for a wi-fi link, Actually, I wonder where all us brits are based. we should pop ourselves on a map.

lol.. that'd be interesting. Erik, is there a little map we could all opt-in or out to show a little pixel for our location? Be fun as well as an easy way to potentially meet folks close to you.

lol.. that'd be interesting. Erik, is there a little map we could all opt-in or out to show a little pixel for our location? Be fun as well as an easy way to potentially meet folks close to you.

I've seen people use Google Maps for something like that. Create a custom map that people can access and annotate with their location(s.)

Back