• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

DEC Professional 350

cehrman

After 10 years in the closet, I dusted off my DEC Pro 350. Had to reinstall the operating system (P/OS 3.0), and now it runs just like it always did. Have not installed, but have disks for, Word-11, Pro Basic, and Pro Tool Kit. Have all documentation as well. Also LA50 printer. Monochrome monitor and network card.

Asking $200 Plus shipping. Located in Bergen County, New Jersey.

Reply to: cliffehrman@aol.com

You should consider posting the item for sale on the VCGM. You can use "buy it now" for your asking price and also entertain bids and/or offers.

Plus you can post pictures, etc. :)

Not trying to hijack your sale item or anything, but I have a set of original labeled diskettes and most of the original diskette jackets from a Pro/350 if anyone wants them for the price of shipping. Several of them were reformatted to be used on other machines, but I believe the disk images are available online to reconstitute them.

System has been sold

System has been sold

Thanks to all that inquired about the system, it is now in the posession of its new owner.

..Yeah but who got it?! j/k ;-) If you have time could you upload some pics? Maybe my head was in a hole in the ground but I never heard of P/OS before. Always great to see these things find a good home though.

First of many pix...haven't gotten to unboxing it.

Maybe I'll start a YouTube "unboxing" blog but instead of brand new computers, I'll unbox vintage computers :)

P/OS was an unfortunate naming for "Professional OS" which was a modified version of RSX-11M that was menu-driven.

Attachments

• pro350-1.jpg
    pro350-1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 3
One of the common deciphering of P/OS was Piece Of Shxx. From what I know it can also run some of DECs other systems. One of the major problems was removing the password once installed. It can be done, but is involved. One of my major "To Do" project procrastinations is removing the one on mine. I even know the password file I have to remove once I get access using "Putr" or another DEC program.

I fire it up occasionally just to see the Log-in display. Looks good. Still working.

Lawrence

Back