• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

60's heathkit EC-1 analog computer for sale

treasure

I have a listing on ebay for a heathkit EC-1 analog computer, vacuum tube based, NM condition. Very early, may be 1st home computer, Check it out

Attachments

• pool comp 009.jpg
    pool comp 009.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1
Hi
The EC-1 just before he listed this one went for
a little over $1K. Typical price over the last year
or so has been about $600-$800. The last one didn't
have knobs or program part jacks ( increases value
quite a bit ).
I don't think putting one up for sale right after a break
out price is a good idea. Usually this is just two
people that bid back and forth. One now has what he is
looking for and the other will only be bidding against
lower bidder. I expect the second one may not hit $1K.
Then, I may be surprised. Still, these are worth
more that one might think.
Dwight

Good point on bidding and selling, Dwight. If two ore more of something are being offered, I'll usually put my bid on the second one. I think we've all seen the case where the first one of the same item has sold for some ridiculous price, while the second or third samples have gone begging.

Good point on bidding and selling, Dwight. If two ore more of something are being offered, I'll usually put my bid on the second one. I think we've all seen the case where the first one of the same item has sold for some ridiculous price, while the second or third samples have gone begging.

I do the same thing - luckily more people are not that intelligent!

Perhaps I just didn't look in the right place but does someone have the auction number or did it already end? Just curious to watch the numbers change and have a beer instead of another computer I can't afford ;-)

Perhaps I just didn't look in the right place but does someone have the auction number or did it already end? Just curious to watch the numbers change and have a beer instead of another computer I can't afford ;-)

Item number: 140357756875

Time left: 3 days 3 hours (Nov 12, 200914:35:23 PST)

Back